Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Old Jun 25, 22, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Goaguy View Post
Anyone know where these silver dedicated check-in counters are?
12a on this map.

https://www.dubaiairportguide.com/wp...3-check-in.jpg
Old Jun 26, 22, 3:41 pm

Reward Flight Denpasar to Frankfurt

Hello all,

I wanted to book a flight from Denpasar to Frabkfurt with miles in business class.

However, Emirates cannot show me any prices. There is always an error message.

If I look from Frankfurt to Bali as oneway or roundtrip, I am shown the mileage values including co-payment.

However, I need a return flight from Bali only. Eco is displayed to me. In Business Class nothing for the next 10 months.
Old Today, 3:41 am

first time poster - have an upcoming trip via emirates JNB-MIA via DXB in business
would love to upgrade the DXB-MIA to first (using skywards) due to the older 777 but showing not available although only two seats are occupied - when would this be made available, (if ever?)

also, what are the chances of bringing someone into lounge in Dubai who is flying economy on the same flight?

Thanks all.
Old Today, 4:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by nadesdan View Post
first time poster - have an upcoming trip via emirates JNB-MIA via DXB in business
would love to upgrade the DXB-MIA to first (using skywards) due to the older 777 but showing not available although only two seats are occupied - when would this be made available, (if ever?)

also, what are the chances of bringing someone into lounge in Dubai who is flying economy on the same flight?

Thanks all.
Hi nadesdan, welcome to Flyer Talk and the Emirates forum in particular.

To answer your first question (or rather not answer it), the seat map is no reliable indication of the availability of award seats. The airline will have some algorithm which predicts how many seats they will sell and as they rather get cash than miles for the seats, they may make one or two seats available early on and then hold on to whatever had not been sold. If there are still unsold seats when the flight closes (typically an hour before departure) they will be made available. In your case, ask in the lounge in Dubai for a ‘space available’ seat and you may be lucky. If the flight is still quite far out, you can set an alert via Manage My Booking or even set an ‘auto upgrade’. Sometimes they make seats available about a week out, but in my experience that very rarely happens with F seats on a 77W.

Second question is easier to answer: if you have gold status you can host one person (who must be on the same flight) into the lounge. Your own class of travel does not give you this benefit, which is quite strictly enforced (there may have been exceptions, but this is the rule).
Old Today, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
Hi nadesdan, welcome to Flyer Talk and the Emirates forum in particular.

To answer your first question (or rather not answer it), the seat map is no reliable indication of the availability of award seats. The airline will have some algorithm which predicts how many seats they will sell and as they rather get cash than miles for the seats, they may make one or two seats available early on and then hold on to whatever had not been sold. If there are still unsold seats when the flight closes (typically an hour before departure) they will be made available. In your case, ask in the lounge in Dubai for a ‘space available’ seat and you may be lucky. If the flight is still quite far out, you can set an alert via Manage My Booking or even set an ‘auto upgrade’. Sometimes they make seats available about a week out, but in my experience that very rarely happens with F seats on a 77W.

Second question is easier to answer: if you have gold status you can host one person (who must be on the same flight) into the lounge. Your own class of travel does not give you this benefit, which is quite strictly enforced (there may have been exceptions, but this is the rule).
Thank you

Search this Thread