Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Old May 28, 22, 6:33 am

Hi, I am trying to book a Emirates award flight connecting via DXB.
I see availability on each individual flight, however when I search for the A > C the search comes back with no availability.
Is EK award space based on married segments? Or can I call in and have an agent issue it?
Old May 28, 22, 7:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kacheng View Post
Hi, I am trying to book a Emirates award flight connecting via DXB.
I see availability on each individual flight, however when I search for the A > C the search comes back with no availability.
Is EK award space based on married segments? Or can I call in and have an agent issue it?
You cannot book an award ticket in 'mixed cabins'. Upgrades yes, an outright booking no.
But if you are sure that award seats are available on each segment, I think it's worth calling in.
Old May 30, 22, 6:14 pm

Hi

Delurking user here, will be flying Emirates in J with layovers in Dubai of a few hours each way - are there any locations from within the airport with good views of the Burj Khalifa? Tried searching but couldn't find anything.
Old May 31, 22, 4:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by planesquid View Post
Hi

Delurking user here, will be flying Emirates in J with layovers in Dubai of a few hours each way - are there any locations from within the airport with good views of the Burj Khalifa? Tried searching but couldn't find anything.
Not really. It's a few miles away, and Dubai is quite hazy at this time of year. So, you probably wouldn't be able to see it anyway.
planesquid likes this.
Old May 31, 22, 8:19 am

Dayum, asking mainly for my son who would be excited to see it. We live in Tokyo, where the Sky Tree (second highest structrue in the world) is also a few miles away, but visible from our house if you know where to look, I guess I'll tell him it's been taking down for maintenance .
Old Jun 4, 22, 8:24 am

Programs: skywards, Marriott bonvoy, Hilton honours, & ba executive member
Just a quick question

which A380 EK flights have the NEW BUSINESS?

I am aware EK003 & EK004 Lon - Dubai have the new business, however any others
Old Jun 4, 22, 11:44 am

Programs: Skywards
I believe EK001 has too
Old Jun 4, 22, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mo koyes View Post
Just a quick question

There's no new business class on the A380. There are minor differences like the screen size and controllers, but they're pretty much the same.
Old Jun 5, 22, 1:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by mo koyes View Post
Just a quick question

As DYKWIA also mentioned, there is no real 'new business'. The latest 6 or so frames, the ones which were delivered with the PE installed, have a bit of a 'makeover': the wood used is a different (darker) shade, the blue 'waves' on the seat enclosures are gone and the seat fabric is a bit more 'upmarket'.
I don't know when they are going to convert more A380's to PE and if they will then also do these cosmetic changes to the other cabins. I would guess not... Have they actually started to install more PE cabins on older A380 frames? With all the hullabaloo about this new product, they really should if they want to be believable.
Old Jun 5, 22, 2:08 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
As DYKWIA also mentioned, there is no real 'new business'. The latest 6 or so frames, the ones which were delivered with the PE installed, have a bit of a 'makeover': the wood used is a different (darker) shade, the blue 'waves' on the seat enclosures are gone and the seat fabric is a bit more 'upmarket'.
I don't know when they are going to convert more A380's to PE and if they will then also do these cosmetic changes to the other cabins. I would guess not... Have they actually started to install more PE cabins on older A380 frames? With all the hullabaloo about this new product, they really should if they want to be believable.
I believe they announced end of last year that they’d retrofit roughly half of each fleet to include PE, starting end of this year. They were also considering including 1-2-1 seats for the 77Ws, but I doubt they’d do that.
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:39 am

Is Chauffeur Drive avail if I book Business Class with Miles?

Newbie here....

Planning a trip for next year. I will hopefully be taking the JFK to MXP flight. As of now, I will be flying into EWR and need to get to JFK for my outbound flight. Is Chauffeur Drive available if I book my Business Class flights with Miles?

TIA

Dwayne
Old Jun 12, 22, 2:03 pm

Lounge at Heathrow

Hi Newbie here, just wondering if the Lounge at Heathrow is good? Will be an economy passenger so entry will have to be paid. Is it worth it? And how long before departure can you access it? TIA
Old Jun 12, 22, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dwayne Carter View Post
Newbie here....

Planning a trip for next year. I will hopefully be taking the JFK to MXP flight. As of now, I will be flying into EWR and need to get to JFK for my outbound flight. Is Chauffeur Drive available if I book my Business Class flights with Miles?

TIA

Dwayne
No car when you book with miles.
Old Jun 12, 22, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by chippyalfienia View Post
Hi Newbie here, just wondering if the Lounge at Heathrow is good? Will be an economy passenger so entry will have to be paid. Is it worth it? And how long before departure can you access it? TIA
It's good, but I wouldn't pay what Emirates charge for it.
Old Jun 12, 22, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dwayne Carter View Post
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
No car when you book with miles.
And also no car betweeen airports, although that can often be worked around.

Search this Thread