Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Old May 5, 22, 7:50 am
S.R

Programs: EK Gold, AA EXP
So all my EK F flights have been either ULH or shorthaul. I've never flown EK on a daytime midhaul flight to Europe or anything.
But in a couple of weeks I'm flying MXP-JFK, which departs in the afternoon and is basically a daytime midhaul. Are pajamas/amenity kit available on this flight? Are they on request only?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 22, 8:08 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by S.R View Post
So all my EK F flights have been either ULH or shorthaul. I've never flown EK on a daytime midhaul flight to Europe or anything.
But in a couple of weeks I'm flying MXP-JFK, which departs in the afternoon and is basically a daytime midhaul. Are pajamas/amenity kit available on this flight? Are they on request only?

Thanks!
If they arent proactively offered, just ask. If theyre loaded youll be given them.
Old May 6, 22, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Just booked my first ever Emirates award redemption for my wife and I's anniversary early next year! I know this is still a ways out, but wanted to get ahead of things if I could. No F space was available from LHR to DXB, so we're booked in J under Flex Plus. However, the plan is to use miles to upgrade to F if possible.

Beside setting up for auto-upgrade in the 60 day window, are there any other tips to find F space further out? Would setting an alert in Expert Flyer for the F cabin be helpful, and I can call right away and confirm if it becomes available? Appreciate the groups input!
Old May 6, 22, 1:34 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by S.R View Post

Thanks!
I have flown MXP-JFK twice, and both times pyjamas and amenity kit were issued without needing to request them.
Old May 6, 22, 1:45 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201 View Post
Just booked my first ever Emirates award redemption for my wife and I's anniversary early next year! I know this is still a ways out, but wanted to get ahead of things if I could. No F space was available from LHR to DXB, so we're booked in J under Flex Plus. However, the plan is to use miles to upgrade to F if possible.

Beside setting up for auto-upgrade in the 60 day window, are there any other tips to find F space further out? Would setting an alert in Expert Flyer for the F cabin be helpful, and I can call right away and confirm if it becomes available? Appreciate the groups input!
Unfortunately the award / upgrade availability tool for EK on Expert Flyer has been unavailable for I think about 2 years. Rumour has it that it may soon be available again, but I personally only believe it when I see it.
Auto upgrade does not always work, so I would suggest you check availability through manage my booking as well on a regular basis.
Nothing else I can suggest, unfortunately.
slsgsoccer0201 likes this.
Old May 6, 22, 9:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by kaushik123 View Post
Hi I am an EK newbie so apologies if this is obvious. I am looking to book an F paid ticket from BKK-SFO using Cash+Miles. I currently have 0 miles in my Skywards account and will be transferring from Amex MR. I'd like to be able to understand how much value my miles have in bringing down the total cost. Since I do not have any miles, the website is not giving me a Cash+Miles options when I try to make a dummy paid booking. Is there anyway I can find out what my miles will be worth in terms of $?
Merely from trying some dummy bookings previously, it appears to me that they were giving miles a cash equivalent value of less than 1 cent (USD)... so really a bad economic benefit. It's possible that the valuation I have seen is specific to the routes or time of year I was looking into, but I think others would tell you that you usually only optimize the value of the miles spent when the entire ticket can be booked using solely miles.
Old May 13, 22, 12:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Got enough miles for Business (or even First).
Never use miles before.

Other than no chauffeur drive service, what other omission can I expect from these miles redemption ticket?
Old May 13, 22, 1:23 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Got enough miles for Business (or even First).
Never use miles before.

Other than no chauffeur drive service, what other omission can I expect from these miles redemption ticket?
If you can get a redemption ticket. They are few and far between nowadays.

No CD is the major one. Obviously no tier miles. Otherwise youre just another J or F passenger as far as I recall.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 10:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I am currently on my first EK J redemption trip, LAX-DXB-MRU return. There was an outbound delay of 8 hours for my LAX-DXB segment due to late-arriving plane, so EK gifted me 70k miles. There is now F upgrade availability on my return for MRU-DXB, a 6-6.5 hour flight, at a cost of approximately 47,000 miles. My DXB-LAX segment is in J.

Is the F upgrade worthwhile for this length of a flight? With no F lounge access at DXB, and no special F lounge in MRU, I am unsure if F is worthwhile. FWIW, this would be my first international F flight, and the upgrade would be free since the miles were gifted from EK.
Old May 19, 22, 1:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mjbulzomi View Post
I am currently on my first EK J redemption trip, LAX-DXB-MRU return. There was an outbound delay of 8 hours for my LAX-DXB segment due to late-arriving plane, so EK gifted me 70k miles. There is now F upgrade availability on my return for MRU-DXB, a 6-6.5 hour flight, at a cost of approximately 47,000 miles. My DXB-LAX segment is in J.

Is the F upgrade worthwhile for this length of a flight? With no F lounge access at DXB, and no special F lounge in MRU, I am unsure if F is worthwhile. FWIW, this would be my first international F flight, and the upgrade would be free since the miles were gifted from EK.
F award availability is quite tight at the moment... so I'd grab it while you can. Is it the A380 or B777?
Old May 19, 22, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
F award availability is quite tight at the moment... so I'd grab it while you can. Is it the A380 or B777?
A380
Old May 19, 22, 1:49 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by mjbulzomi View Post

Unless you plan to do a whole lot of flying in the next 3 years where you could (MAYBE) use those miles, I would take it. As DYKWIA says, F award space is rare at the moment so grab it when you can.
Yes, no F lounge is a bit of a pity but if this is your first time you'll really enjoy the A380 F experience. The only drawback being that it's a bit addictive....
Old May 19, 22, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh;[url=tel:34262569
34262569[/url]]Unless you plan to do a whole lot of flying in the next 3 years where you could (MAYBE) use those miles, I would take it. As DYKWIA says, F award space is rare at the moment so grab it when you can.
Yes, no F lounge is a bit of a pity but if this is your first time you'll really enjoy the A380 F experience. The only drawback being that it's a bit addictive....
Yes it is addictive. Thats why Im on this J redemption. I did my first J last year QR to MLE (cash). Though I have to say I think that I prefer QSuite hard product to EK J.
Old May 21, 22, 5:46 am

Programs: QR Plat
Some quick questions here, from a miffed off QR regular. I'm looking at possibly flying EK in F BKK-DXB-CPH next week.
- Which type F product would be expected on EK375/EK151 these days?
- Which lounge is EK using in BKK these days?
- Does EK have any chauffeur pickup in BKK?

-A
Old May 21, 22, 7:36 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ph-ndr View Post
Some quick questions here, from a miffed off QR regular. I'm looking at possibly flying EK in F BKK-DXB-CPH next week.
- Which type F product would be expected on EK375/EK151 these days?
- Which lounge is EK using in BKK these days?
- Does EK have any chauffeur pickup in BKK?

-A
EK375 is an A380. At 6h30m it should have the full F service.
EK151 is a 77W, BUT it looks like they are using a 2 class frame next week so no F. this is information from Expert Flyer. Last week there has been a mixture of 2 and 3 class frames (from Flightradar24)
Note that this is a 20 hour layover. EK385/151 is a 3 and a half hour layover EK385 is a (3 class) 77W, so you miss out on the shower and the bar (but I find the service on the 77W often better than on the 380)
EK use their own lounge in BKK which appears to be open.
There is a chauffeur drive in BKK, the rules are a bit convoluted. see: https://www.emirates.com/za/english/...auffeur-drive/

Search this Thread