Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
I'm confused about the forward schedule for Singapore flights. I can see the seat map on my EK353 flight on 10th July has downgraded to 777 from A380, but according to forward schedules here it is meant to be run by A380 from start of July - https://info.flightmapper.net/flight/Emirates_EK_353

I thought that these flights were meant to be upgraded to the A380 but now not sure, I assume the seat map on Emirates is the source of truth?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by mitellic
I'm confused about the forward schedule for Singapore flights. I can see the seat map on my EK353 flight on 10th July has downgraded to 777 from A380, but according to forward schedules here it is meant to be run by A380 from start of July - https://info.flightmapper.net/flight/Emirates_EK_353

I thought that these flights were meant to be upgraded to the A380 but now not sure, I assume the seat map on Emirates is the source of truth?
It is ONE source of truth. It used to be relatively stable, but the last two years trying to predict what will happen in three months has been an interesting, but ultimately futile, exercise. Think you simply need to decide if you’re okay with the worst case scenario. Personally, I keep expectations very low when travelling to APAC in general, as that region appears most likely to introduce arbitrary COVID measures.
mitellic likes this.

Last edited by IntrepidAfrican2; Mar 22, 2022 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The 3rd Daily MAN seems to have dropped off the schedules... Maybe because of the current staffing issues at MAN?
I think it's more indicative of adjusting plans, either in response to higher fuel prices or macro staffing challenges. LGW/AMS also lost their planned third dailies, AKL lost its non-stop, CMN/SIN/NRT and others all lost their A380 upgrades. I'd be hesitant to look beyond June at this point in time.

Some positive news at least:
EK703 MRU resumes on the 77W, twice weekly effective Apr 9
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by A4K
Flights 231/232 updated to 777 new F tonight for April, so now through May it is scheduled on the IAD flights.
I was pretty excited to see this change for my Apr 5 flight on EK232!
Pandor likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by romans837
I was pretty excited to see this change for my Apr 5 flight on EK232!
It’s a stunning product! Loved the complete privacy and full control of the suite lighting and temperature.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Pandor
It’s a stunning product! Loved the complete privacy and full control of the suite lighting and temperature.
Pandor.... I was wondering to what degree of change could you control the temperature? I am guessing it is a range of something like cabin temperature +/- #? of degrees. So if like myself you like it much cooler for sleeping, then degree you can adjust your suite temp is still largely a function of cabin temp.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:37 am

Some updates announced by Emirates lately:
EK33 NCL increases to five times weekly, effective Jul 1
EK65 STN resumes on the 77W with new F, effective Aug 1
EK213 MIA increases to daily, effective Jul 1
EK247 GIG/EZE resumes on the 77W, effective Nov 4
EK255 BCN/MEX increases to six times weekly, effective May 1 (BCN operating 11 times weekly)
EK352 SIN increases to daily, effective Jun 23
EK354 SIN increases to daily, effective Jun 23 (SIN operating 14 times weekly)
EK398 DPS resumes on the 77W five times weekly, effective May 1 (operating as 9:45am dep ex DXB, instead of 2:20am dep as pre-covid)
EK703 MRU upgraded to the 380 and increases to daily, effective Jul 1 (MRU operating 14 times weekly)
EK781 LOS resumes on the 77W four times weekly, effective Jul 1 (LOS operating 11 times weekly)
EK2801 JED upgraded to the 380 from Apr 30 to May 8 (JED 3 times daily A380 during this period)

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...-destinations/
Pandor, ZRHMD11 and EK77W like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Brostman
Pandor.... I was wondering to what degree of change could you control the temperature? I am guessing it is a range of something like cabin temperature +/- #? of degrees. So if like myself you like it much cooler for sleeping, then degree you can adjust your suite temp is still largely a function of cabin temp.
Yep it’s a range but I’m not sure what the range is. However, like you, I like it much cooler too so turned the temperature down as much as possible and I slept like a baby
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Some updates announced by Emirates lately:
EK33 NCL increases to five times weekly, effective Jul 1
EK65 STN resumes on the 77W with new F, effective Aug 1
EK213 MIA increases to daily, effective Jul 1
EK247 GIG/EZE resumes on the 77W, effective Nov 4
EK255 BCN/MEX increases to six times weekly, effective May 1 (BCN operating 11 times weekly)
EK352 SIN increases to daily, effective Jun 23
EK354 SIN increases to daily, effective Jun 23 (SIN operating 14 times weekly)
EK398 DPS resumes on the 77W five times weekly, effective May 1 (operating as 9:45am dep ex DXB, instead of 2:20am dep as pre-covid)
EK703 MRU upgraded to the 380 and increases to daily, effective Jul 1 (MRU operating 14 times weekly)
EK781 LOS resumes on the 77W four times weekly, effective Jul 1 (LOS operating 11 times weekly)
EK2801 JED upgraded to the 380 from Apr 30 to May 8 (JED 3 times daily A380 during this period)

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...-destinations/
Im stunned that JNB has stayed twice daily and only one 388 a day. No lounge access (not even partner lounge), and no chauffeur drive. Perhaps they’re sending us a message, as at least CPT has their lounge open.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Pandor
Yep it’s a range but I’m not sure what the range is. However, like you, I like it much cooler too so turned the temperature down as much as possible and I slept like a baby
Thank you for the insight... I know it is all relative, but sounds like our preferences are aligned, so you experience carries weight
Pandor likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Some
Yayyyyyyyy, STN

Just HND (hopefully also new F again) to go now for me.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
I was just reading a new review of Emirates J Class on a travel website. A traveler who recently traveled ORD-DXB commented on the article and his experience, but also make a comment that the flight crew indicated there was a possibility that ORD-DXB might be upgraded to A380. Any insights about the probability of this happening anytime soon?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
EK now flying 4x daily to KWI (EK855/856) effective 02MAY

The EK855/856 sector is a blessing lol, the timings of this flight are just perfect, and now I can happily ditch the one-hour red-eye EK854.
ZRHMD11 and CaptainEKAirbus like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Galley-FM is almost always broadcasting disinformation

Originally Posted by Brostman
A traveler who recently traveled ORD-DXB commented... crew indicated there was a possibility that ORD-DXB might be upgraded to A380. Any insights about the probability of this happening anytime soon?
I wouldn't put much stock in Cabin-crew rumors. Chicago does not have the infrastructure to handle the A380 at Emirates desired flight times, if at all. I'd expect a second daily on the 777, perhaps morning schedule to align with domestic connections, before the A380 makes any appearance there at ORD.
Pandor likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by aeropix
I wouldn't put much stock in Cabin-crew rumors. Chicago does not have the infrastructure to handle the A380 at Emirates desired flight times, if at all. I'd expect a second daily on the 777, perhaps morning schedule to align with domestic connections, before the A380 makes any appearance there at ORD.
Thanks for the insight. It didn't make sense to me, but one can always wish for the best. I believe that BA is the only carrier flying an A380 at ORD. And I thought someone had initiated a trial some years ago, but after the ground crew damaged the aircraft with the jet bridge that trial was scrapped relatively quickly. I am hoping when ORD finishes it massive overhaul, particularly with the new T-2 that they will be able to attract some A380 routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.