Search

Meeting up in Lounge DXB

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Meeting up in Lounge DXB

Hi all,

A quick one, don't know if anyone else has done this...

Friends of mine are travelling BHX-DXB and land there for their onward connection in a few weeks. (Business)

I'm travelling from MAN-DXB on the same day and land at pretty much the same time for my holiday in Dubai. (First)

We land around the same time - is there any way we can meet in the Business/First lounges for a drink before they carry on with their journey? Also, I have chauffeur drive booked, but is it a 'turn up and go' at Dubai, ie would they just assign me a car when I present myself at the desk? Or do they only wait a limited time after the arrival of your flight??

Can anyone help?

Cheers!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:22 am

You shouldn't be allowed into the lounge (even as a guest) without an onward flight.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Is there anywhere 'any' passengers on different flights could meet up (doesn't have to be the Emirates lounges) - I wasn't sure if you were airside you'd be able to meet anywhere.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 5:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by baz2277
Is there anywhere 'any' passengers on different flights could meet up (doesn't have to be the Emirates lounges) - I wasn't sure if you were airside you'd be able to meet anywhere.
Yes - there are plenty of bars / restaurants where you can meet up. You'd need to go though security as a transit passenger to meet airside (they don't check boarding passes). Once you're ready leave retrace your steps back through security (the wrong way) and then go through immigration.

To answer your other question, you shouldn't have an issue getting the car service. Just go to the CD desk and show your boarding pass and they'll allocate you a car.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by baz2277
Also, I have chauffeur drive booked, but is it a 'turn up and go' at Dubai, ie would they just assign me a car when I present myself at the desk? Or do they only wait a limited time after the arrival of your flight??
You just turn up at the chauffeur drive desk in DXB arrivals and are given a slip of paper which you then hand over to the guy outside assigning cars to passengers. No specific driver is sitting waiting on you. So you wont have a problem. Ive often waited several hours after landing (to meet a colleague) and then gone over to get the CD car

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.