Wiki Posts
Search

Stay On Plane During Stopover?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Stay On Plane During Stopover?

HKG->DXB on the A380 in First with 1:50 stop in BKK. Only one seat assignment for both legs. One flight number (EK385). Do they let us stay on the plane during the stop? Or must we disembark the plane, wait in terminal, and re-board?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
HKG->DXB on the A380 in First with 1:50 stop in BKK. Only one seat assignment for both legs. One flight number (EK385). Do they let us stay on the plane during the stop? Or must we disembark the plane, wait in terminal, and re-board?
All passengers heading for HKG stay on the plane. Just realised you are asking for the reverse. I would assume it is the same, certainly at the moment with covid restrictions in BKK.

Last edited by Will08; Jun 21, 2021 at 2:45 am Reason: Opposite way
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
All passengers heading for HKG stay on the plane. Just realised you are asking for the reverse. I would assume it is the same, certainly at the moment with covid restrictions in BKK.
I can assume the same thing applies for MEX to DXB with a stop in Barcelona.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
That's a harder assumption to make. That cabin will be in severe need of cleaning after the transatlantic MEX-BCN leg.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
That's a harder assumption to make. That cabin will be in severe need of cleaning after the transatlantic MEX-BCN leg.
I found out the answer to my question if all passengers stay on the flight during the short stopover. They do not. They all deplane with their carryon luggage and the plane is cleaned, and within 2.5 hours everyone starts boarding again including the new passengers.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA - Silver
I took this flight a couple of weeks back and those going on to Mexico had to disembark

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by GoonerWhitey
I took this flight a couple of weeks back and those going on to Mexico had to disembark
Exactly. Which is a good thing. I would welcome the break and a good walk off the plane into the transit area then to stay on the plane. I've taken those 16 hour emirates flights and that's a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.