Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai - Abu Dhabi transit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

We're way off topic here, but you've just posted links to 2 reports from "experts" that say the opposite to what you are saying.

You don't seem to have any expertise other than saying everybody else is wrong.

Maybe take a look at this :-

https://www.ft.com/content/72ec1f99-...3-d6ebaa748843

When 50,000 students started arriving in Newcastle in mid-September for the beginning of the academic year, the number of coronavirus cases in the city in north-east England soared. In the month since its two universities, Newcastle and Northumbria, resumed teaching, the city’s total number of cases has tripled. After a quiet summer, followed by a gradual rise at the beginning of September, the weekly number of new cases in the city reached as high as 553 per 100,000 population, while the rate in England as a whole never rose above 169 in the same period. FT analysis of data from the government’s coronavirus dashboard shows that Newcastle is one of many university cities hit by such a surge.

In Exeter, in a part of the south of England relatively untouched by Covid-19, total positive cases have more than quadrupled since mid-September, when the university term began. In Nottingham, in the Midlands, city-wide cases also rose to more than four times the previous total in the same period.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
We're way off topic here, but you've just posted links to 2 reports from "experts" that say the opposite to what you are saying.

You don't seem to have any expertise other than saying everybody else is wrong.
Two links where “experts” say there is no link to climate.

Whereas we have already had a post saying that in Japan they acknowledge the effect of climate on COVID cases.

So, I’m not saying everyone is wrong. The Japanese clearly have it right but here in the U.K. we are living in lala land of lockdowns with no schedule or end date because we refuse to accept the weather has an impact, however big or small.

Can you give some examples
You asked for examples of reports that climate does not effect COVID cases, this is why I provided the links.

I am not posting them to prove my own point, just responding to your request for examples.

Last edited by Saltire74; Jan 5, 2021 at 5:57 am Reason: Multiple posting in quick succession
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:59 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Moderator Note:

Before we go any further off-topic, can we stick to the title of the thread please. Plenty of other threads in the Coronavirus forum to discuss transmission, etc.

Thanks

Saltire74
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
So let's say if I stay in Dubai for 4 days before going to AUH (tested in dubai), would I be allowed to roam the city for half a day before the flight (without quarantining; and in the case of no, what prevents me from doing it)? Or do I have to stay at the airport?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by b.xiao
So let's say if I stay in Dubai for 4 days before going to AUH (tested in dubai), would I be allowed to roam the city for half a day before the flight (without quarantining; and in the case of no, what prevents me from doing it)? Or do I have to stay at the airport?
No, you have to have completed the 2 weeks in dubai before going to abu dhabi without the need for quarantine.
In theory i dont believe there is anything stopping you from roaming the city for a half day before the flight, as you are entering abu dhabi to take a flight.... having said that abu dhabi is not a place i would test the rules
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Take a look at Texas, which is not known for its cold summers. There are countless more examples.
That aged well...
not2017 and IntrepidAfrican like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: Kveller Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
No, you have to have completed the 2 weeks in dubai before going to abu dhabi without the need for quarantine.
In theory i dont believe there is anything stopping you from roaming the city for a half day before the flight, as you are entering abu dhabi to take a flight.... having said that abu dhabi is not a place i would test the rules
10 days in Dubai or one or the other Emirates before going to Abu Dhabi, not 14.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.