Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK DXB Lounge Questions Thread 2021

Old Dec 31, 20, 3:36 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue

Please ask your DXB Lounge questions here. Letís hope the disruption from 2020 doesnít carry over too long and we can get back to a sense of normality.

Saltire74
EK Forum co-moderator
Old Jan 1, 21, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP (former US CP); Starwood/Hilton/Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond; NEXUS
Paid lounge access at DXB, non EK flight

I'm flying out of DXB on Swiss in J, and due to the terminal change it sounds like Swiss is not offering lounge access at T3 (they usually use the LH lounge at T1).

Can I buy access to the EK lounges? I am 85% sure the answer is no, since I'm not traveling on EK, but I've read through all the terms and conditions and can't find the rule that says paid access is only offered to EK passengers? My flight is at 4am so am willing to pay $150/person to spend a longer time in a nicer lounge.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/experience/our-lounges/paid-lounge-access/
Old Jan 1, 21, 6:08 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Originally Posted by asdf098 View Post
I'm flying out of DXB on Swiss in J, and due to the terminal change it sounds like Swiss is not offering lounge access at T3 (they usually use the LH lounge at T1).

Can I buy access to the EK lounges? I am 85% sure the answer is no, since I'm not traveling on EK, but I've read through all the terms and conditions and can't find the rule that says paid access is only offered to EK passengers? My flight is at 4am so am willing to pay $150/person to spend a longer time in a nicer lounge.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...lounge-access/
Have a look at the Marhaba services https://www.marhabaservices.com/ae/e...t-lounges.html

Paid lounge access available in T3.
Old Jan 2, 21, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP (former US CP); Starwood/Hilton/Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
Have a look at the Marhaba services https://www.marhabaservices.com/ae/e...t-lounges.html

Paid lounge access available in T3.
Thanks. I should have access to Marhaba lounge through Priority Pass. I've heard that lounge is not so great, so was considering paying to get into the EK one. Still not 100% clear to me if I can pay to use EK lounge when traveling on another airline, so I might give it a try and ask (with Marhaba as a fallback) when I'm there tonight...
Old Jan 2, 21, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by asdf098 View Post
Thanks. I should have access to Marhaba lounge through Priority Pass. I've heard that lounge is not so great, so was considering paying to get into the EK one. Still not 100% clear to me if I can pay to use EK lounge when traveling on another airline, so I might give it a try and ask (with Marhaba as a fallback) when I'm there tonight...
There's no comparison between Marhaba and EK lounge.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
There's no comparison between Marhaba and EK lounge.
Normally I'd agree. But I wouldn't be spending $150 (or whatever it is these days) to access to EK lounge at the moment.

The Marhaba lounge is pleasant enough.
Old Jan 2, 21, 4:07 am

Programs: EK iO
Anyone know when the new IO lounge will open in DXB?
Old Jan 2, 21, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Normally I'd agree. But I wouldn't be spending $150 (or whatever it is these days) to access to EK lounge at the moment.

The Marhaba lounge is pleasant enough.
How's the Marhaba lounge on a typical Saturday night at the moment, if anyone knows? If all goes well I need to spend a bit of time there before my BA flight at 2am back to LHR in about two weeks (I remember the lounge as ok, but I will try in any case to spend as much time in the bar of the FS DIFC or the JW before going to the airport...)
Old Jan 2, 21, 11:49 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Plat
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
How's the Marhaba lounge on a typical Saturday night at the moment, if anyone knows? If all goes well I need to spend a bit of time there before my BA flight at 2am back to LHR in about two weeks (I remember the lounge as ok, but I will try in any case to spend as much time in the bar of the FS DIFC or the JW before going to the airport...)
If I were you, Iíd finesse it so that I stay at the Four Seasons as long as possible, board straight from check in. I donít think the Marhaba lounge is worth the hassle.
Old Jan 3, 21, 10:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
why donít you call the dedicated hotline and ask?
Old Jan 3, 21, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Isn't the privilige of IO to use the First Class lounges, is there a plan for a seperate lounge?
Old Jan 3, 21, 10:11 pm

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
why donít you call the dedicated hotline and ask?
They couldn't tell me, I thought first class flyers like yourself would have the inside scoop.
Old Jan 4, 21, 5:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
They couldn't tell me, I thought first class flyers like yourself would have the inside scoop.
I see a lot of IOs in the F lounge so if there is another lounge it must be a VIP one.
larzy1977 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 21, 9:35 am

Lounge showers

Curious if anyone has flown through DXB recently and if the lounge showers in the Business class lounge are open? First time with a layover in Dubai and would like to freshen up prior to my onward flight. And itís complimentary?

Is the champagne bar now only for First passengers since theyíve split the lounge up?
Old Mar 12, 21, 11:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jschiefe827 View Post
Curious if anyone has flown through DXB recently and if the lounge showers in the Business class lounge are open? First time with a layover in Dubai and would like to freshen up prior to my onward flight. And itís complimentary?

Is the champagne bar now only for First passengers since theyíve split the lounge up?
Yes showers are open and complimentary.

The Moet bar area in business lounge is roped off and used as F dining area
Tanzguy and jschiefe827 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: