Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Another option would be to use the $375 to book a room for an hour at the airside hotel. I'm not sure what the hourly rate is, but it will be less than £375.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Another option would be to use the $375 to book a room for an hour at the airside hotel. I'm not sure what the hourly rate is, but it will be less than £375.
Great idea for another backup option. Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:17 am

I keep getting this message when searching for DXB-SEZ. The calendar shows availability, but I'm unable to click on the actual award. Has anyone seen this before? Is it just phantom availability?

Warning:
  • Sorry, we were unable to find flight options to match your search. Please try a different search, or try your original search again later.
On a different note, can Emirates string together a mixed F/J itinerary? I found availability in F for SFO-DXB, and J for DXB-SEZ, but when I search SFO-SEZ either as a one-way or multi-city, only J shows up.

Thank you for your help!
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by benjinito
I keep getting this message when searching for DXB-SEZ. The calendar shows availability, but I'm unable to click on the actual award. Has anyone seen this before? Is it just phantom availability?

On a different note, can Emirates string together a mixed F/J itinerary? I found availability in F for SFO-DXB, and J for DXB-SEZ, but when I search SFO-SEZ either as a one-way or multi-city, only J shows up.

Thank you for your help!

Are you looking for award availability? And if so, what do you mean by 'the calendar'? I sort of assume you are searching for a 'classic award' on the EK website but I would just like to be sure about that. If that message appears again, you could try the call centre, they are usually very helpful and efficient.

As far as mixed itineraries are concerned: You can mix cabins between outward and return legs, but not between different sectors on one leg. The only way to achieve this is to buy a cash ticket in the lower class of service and then (subject to availability of course) upgrade one sector. I find this a pity, but that's how it is.

Sadly Expert Flyer does not appear to show EK award availability anymore. It stopped many months ago and it's more or less an EF killer for me. At the moment I am not flying a lot (not at all, to be honest ) and I don't have my EF subscription 'active'. If the EK award availability search has returned there, please can someone let me know.....?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Are you looking for award availability? And if so, what do you mean by 'the calendar'? I sort of assume you are searching for a 'classic award' on the EK website but I would just like to be sure about that. If that message appears again, you could try the call centre, they are usually very helpful and efficient.

As far as mixed itineraries are concerned: You can mix cabins between outward and return legs, but not between different sectors on one leg. The only way to achieve this is to buy a cash ticket in the lower class of service and then (subject to availability of course) upgrade one sector. I find this a pity, but that's how it is.

Sadly Expert Flyer does not appear to show EK award availability anymore. It stopped many months ago and it's more or less an EF killer for me. At the moment I am not flying a lot (not at all, to be honest ) and I don't have my EF subscription 'active'. If the EK award availability search has returned there, please can someone let me know.....?
it hasn’t it’s a waste of money
thijsseh likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:11 pm

Sorry - "the calendar" is referring to the 7-day classic award view on the EK website. I double checked against the Qantas website, which also shows availability on those same dates. However, I'm unable to click through to the award on the EK site. Will give EK a call, thank you so much.

EK is not back on EF yet.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Question re: F seat on 777-300ER (not the new game changer suite)..... I have been looking at several reviews of F on the 777-300ER. One thing that popped out to me was the tray table. It appears that the tray table, once deployed, is in a fixed position. My question.... can the seat be slid forward to put you up to the tray table. It otherwise looks like you sit back quite a bit from the table, which seems like it would make dining a bit awkward. Or is it an optical illusion in the videos? Anyone have first hand experience?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 2:27 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Brostman
Question re: F seat on 777-300ER (not the new game changer suite)..... I have been looking at several reviews of F on the 777-300ER. One thing that popped out to me was the tray table. It appears that the tray table, once deployed, is in a fixed position. My question.... can the seat be slid forward to put you up to the tray table. It otherwise looks like you sit back quite a bit from the table, which seems like it would make dining a bit awkward. Or is it an optical illusion in the videos? Anyone have first hand experience?
You can move the seat forward to get a position which is comfortable for you for dining. Never had a problem.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:24 pm

I go to redeem miles for the exclusive experiences and it says not eligible. Is it based on home country due to restrictions or if you have enough miles in your account account or something else? It was never this way before.

Edit: User error. The website shows pictures of events but if you click on the summary it then states they are on pause. Clicking on the picture shows you are not eligible.

Last edited by mileshound; Apr 21, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:19 am
R2

Does EK offer a status match / challenge to oneworld emeralds? If so, how to apply?

I did a search here and on EK website but could not find anything (recent) on this. Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:28 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by R2
Does EK offer a status match / challenge to oneworld emeralds? If so, how to apply?

I did a search here and on EK website but could not find anything (recent) on this. Thanks.
Hi R2. There are quite a few threads about EK Status match. When I did mine a few years ago, I joined EK Skywards and already had a flight booked. I contacted Skywards via their contact page requesting a status match from being BA Silver. As I was only Skywards Blue, they gave me the next level up which was EK Silver. As I recall, I had to provide a photo of both sides of my BAEC card and current statement. Got a decision in a couple of days.
R2 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:38 am

I have 30k ‘orphaned’ EK mikes that I’m wondering on a good use for? Based in EU. Also, if there is a good redemption in reach, I could try and find a route to top up to that.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:46 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by pazza2000
I have 30k ‘orphaned’ EK mikes that I’m wondering on a good use for? Based in EU. Also, if there is a good redemption in reach, I could try and find a route to top up to that.
J to F upgrade from UK to DXB is exactly 30K Skywards miles
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:52 am

J to F upgrade from UK to DXB is exactly 30K Skywards miles
Can the account holder only upgrade, or can use I another persons EK miles to UG my own? Also, is their any conditions for that Biz ticket to be upgraded beyond a direct booking and F being avail?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 5:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Can the account holder only upgrade, or can use I another persons EK miles to UG my own? Also, is their any conditions for that Biz ticket to be upgraded beyond a direct booking and F being avail?
You need to be set up as the other person's travel coordinator to use his/her miles. Alternatively, the other person can phone the call centre and instruct them to do the upgrade for someone else using his / her miles.

The J ticket needs to be Flex or Flex+ (from Saver it's 39K miles, Special cannot be upgraded). And of course there needs to be F award availability (which you can check by doing a dummy booking using 'Classic Awards' which come from the same fare bucket).

Note that there is an alternative reply to your question in the "Award Strategy" thread where you have asked the same question (by the way, cross posting is against the FT terms of service and - as you can see - causes confusion with different responses in different threads).
pazza2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.