Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Isn't EK will not be return DXB-FLL anymore. Do they think will switch over to MIA? Can they bring A380 into MIA?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
YYZ has lost the A380 thru July now... (was considering booking for a June trip) And the flight time changed, was a 3:30AM DXB departure now a 9:10am departure..
Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by theboss7593
YYZ has lost the A380 thru July now... (was considering booking for a June trip) And the flight time changed, was a 3:30AM DXB departure now a 9:10am departure..
it used to be a 8-9am departure actually, before it got changed a year or two ago (more connections from Asia and to a lesser extent, Africa)
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:07 am

I'm flying out of YYZ next Saturday the 23rd to DXB. Hoping EK doesn't slash the schedule due to the current lockdown here. Can anyone give any insight into this?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Emirates have cancelled flights to Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban from 16 to 28 January.

I'm not surprised. I arrived yesterday in CapeTown and flight was probably 20-25% occupied. I usually travel in business class but decided I would travel economy and had four seats to myself.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Our Durban to Dubai flight was full on the 5th of January....so now the big question....how long are those cancellations going to last...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by N830MH
Isn't EK will not be return DXB-FLL anymore. Do they think will switch over to MIA? Can they bring A380 into MIA?
passenger operations into MIA will come soon with the closure of FLL. Currently, EK is operating a freight flight 2-3x per week with a 773.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:33 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Longton
Emirates have cancelled flights to Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban from 16 to 28 January.

I'm not surprised. I arrived yesterday in CapeTown and flight was probably 20-25% occupied. I usually travel in business class but decided I would travel economy and had four seats to myself.
All flights or just some?
Our CPT/DXB on 24/12 was almost full and the next day as well. Certainly full in F and J.
The CPT schedule has been either 3 or 4 / week since it restarted.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
All flights to SA....for "operational reasons"...big question....how long is this going to last...
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur
All flights to SA....for "operational reasons"...big question....how long is this going to last...
I think this was done more as self preservation then anything else, anyone who watched the Commons Liasion yesterday would have seen them raise as a point that despite a ban from South Africa to UK, you can still go via Dubai or Istanbul and the PM said he would look into it (
) I have a feeling EK thought the UK is still a big market and rather then have more restrictions to DXB or EK, it wanted to take the decision away and hopefully in a few weeks no-one notices it resumes service.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 6:00 am

So here's another 'route change' – Emirates has suspended flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane "until further notice." Perth remains on the map with two flights per week.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ourne-brisbane
Old Jan 15, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by djsflynn
So here's another 'route change' – Emirates has suspended flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane "until further notice." Perth remains on the map with two flights per week.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ourne-brisbane
Maybe reason could be that as of today maximal number of arrivals to Australia has been slashed from around 7,500 to less than 5,000.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:15 pm

Oh, that's definitely the reason. Speculation that other airlines may follow, although EK dropping those 19 flights per week (daily to SYD and MEL, 5x weekly to BNE) should bump up the numbers on other airlines (eg CX, QR) and make their flights a tad more appealing.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Oh, that's definitely the reason. Speculation that other airlines may follow, although EK dropping those 19 flights per week (daily to SYD and MEL, 5x weekly to BNE) should bump up the numbers on other airlines (eg CX, QR) and make their flights a tad more appealing.
I read somewhere that the lower cap will be in place until 15 Feb at least.

SQ, CX, EY or QR may see a small increase in passengers but I still doubt this will make these routes more financially viable. Most of the airlines flying to Australia already struggled with the previous cap.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Yup. Desperately trying to rebook on QR as we speak. There's no cap on outbound passengers, so competing airlines will at least reap that traffic, even if they also have the new low caps on inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.