Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Change Policy in the case of a cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K

I tried to find the change policy in this forum but couldn't. Apologies if this is already covered somewhere.

I'm planning to book an F ticket from IST for next October. Currently EK is not flying to Istanbul, mostly because of the political reasons.

Does EK have a cancellation or change policy? What would happen if EK stops IST flights for good? Would I be given an option to change my departure point to somewhere within the X miles (similar to Qatar's policy)?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:16 pm

Here you go https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...icket-options/

As far as I can tell, yes you can rebook within the same region, not too sure which region Turkey falls into on EK.

The question I would ask and maybe one of the EK staffers can answer, the differance between the tickets issued before/after September seems to be you need to be booked into the same booking class. Does anyone know the reason for this, did the original policy allow people to upgrade to business from Eco or simply to stop users on cheap saver tickets getting Flex tickets? Or control revenue buy limiting fare classes and suggesting an upgrade fee if the clas is not availible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.