Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Open Lounges during Transit?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 1:54 am
Original Poster

DXB Transit Lounges without Passport Control

First time flying via Dubai as I maintain status on Star Alliance, but Swiss just switched us to a flight on Emirates with much better routing.

We have an 11-hour overnight layover in Dubai on the way from Maldives to JFK. We both have Priority Pass through Chase Sapphire and not planning to leave the transit area (as of Nov 22, Covid test is not required for transit passengers).

Can anyone advise on which Priority Pass lounges are accessible in the transit area without going through passport control? I see the sleep pods are actually opening up today Nov 30th in concourse C when we are there and several PP lounges are open in concourse B. Which concourses can we access?

Thank you!

Last edited by smartcookie; Nov 30, 2020 at 2:47 am
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Marhaba is a PP lounge. I don't know if it's open. Concourse D has quite a few contract lounges, both airline and third party, I've used at least 4 there using Lounge Key, I assume most also take PP. Don't know which are open but perhaps you could email them or someone can call.

It's a 20 min bis ride vom B to D + security in both directions
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Marhaba is a PP lounge. I don't know if it's open. Concourse D has quite a few contract lounges, both airline and third party, I've used at least 4 there using Lounge Key, I assume most also take PP. Don't know which are open but perhaps you could email them or someone can call.

It's a 20 min bis ride vom B to D + security in both directions
I should have been more clear. I’ll edit the post. I’m not sure what concourse we will be in and where we can go within terminal 3 without going through passport control...I can see all lounges in concourse B are open in the PP app and sleep n’ fly in C opened today. But I don’t know where we will be restricted to during transit without a Covid test (so can’t go through passport control).
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by smartcookie
I should have been more clear. I’ll edit the post. I’m not sure what concourse we will be in and where we can go within terminal 3 without going through passport control...I can see all lounges in concourse B are open in the PP app and sleep n’ fly in C opened today. But I don’t know where we will be restricted to during transit without a Covid test (so can’t go through passport control).
Terminal 3 encompasses Concourses A, B and C. Emirates used to use T3 exclusively with Qantas, but last I checked all airlines are using T3 and the other terminals are closed. That was the case the last I flew two weeks ago.

Passport control is accessed on the other side of B for all of T3. And it takes effort to get there lol. All you have to do follow the signs to transit once you’ve deplaned, go through security, and you’ll be in T3 departures and can find your lounge. Last time I transited through DXB without going landside I wasn’t asked for a COVID test. You should be fine.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

For 11 hours - have you priced up the airside hotels (there is one in each concourse)?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican
Terminal 3 encompasses Concourses A, B and C. Emirates used to use T3 exclusively with Qantas, but last I checked all airlines are using T3 and the other terminals are closed. That was the case the last I flew two weeks ago.

Passport control is accessed on the other side of B for all of T3. And it takes effort to get there lol. All you have to do follow the signs to transit once you’ve deplaned, go through security, and you’ll be in T3 departures and can find your lounge. Last time I transited through DXB without going landside I wasn’t asked for a COVID test. You should be fine.
If you are on an all EK itinerary, you will arrive at and leave from T3. On arrival you will go through transit security and go to the departures ‘floor’. If you are in business class, you can access the Emirates lounges (not sure if they are all open), there are EK lounges in all three concourses. As far as I am aware the only other lounge in T3 is the Marhaba lounge, which is PP (I’m pretty sure about that, although I have never used it). If you are a Skywards member, you can buy lounge access when flying Y. I think it’s $105 (including tax) but it may have changed.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by smartcookie
If Marhaba is Open that's your obvious choice. You can take a bus to concourse D without going through immigration. It's unusual but very possible. I was suggesting it merely as an alternative should there not be an open lounge in Concourses A, B or C. T3 is better used to describe the landside portion leading to A, B and C while T1 leads to D and T2 to F
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

If anyone else is wondering the same thing, the Emirates flight 661 from Maldives dropped off at Concourse C where we had to go through security once. Once inside, there are no issues walking between B and C. No security or passport control. All Priority Pass lounges at B were open. Sleep n’ fly at C was also open.

We got a room to sleep at Dubai International Hotel at gate C 17. They have special rates for stays 7-12 hours, so don’t book the 24-hour rate online. There’s another one of these hotels at B20 right across from the Marhaba lounge. The flight to JFK left from B13, so those were more convenient if we had known.

Marhaba lounge serves from a digital menu, all pre-packaged waitress service, so plan ahead.

Last edited by smartcookie; Dec 2, 2020 at 5:37 am
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Does anybody knows if showers are open in Emirates B lounge...and do they serve the bubbly and wines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.