Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Double Tier and Skywards Miles till Aug 2021

Double Tier and Skywards Miles till Aug 2021

Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by ft101
Double tier miles only for me, until 31st March 2021. Not an early member.
Same for me. Worthless really.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
Double tier miles only for me, until 31st March 2021.
Same here. I *think* I joined in 2001 or 2002.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by gillyd22
Same for me. Worthless really.
Worthless for me too. My next trip more or less has to be a one way LHR/CPT to pick up unused flexible banked tickets between CPT and UK (on EK). In an ideal world in November (but what's an ideal world...). Do some necessary stuff in CPT and have Christmas with family.
Currently it's a no brainer to fly BA (I know, wash your mouth etc etc). The pre-departure Covid19 test required to board an EK flight will be difficult to get in the UK (at least here in Kent where I live). I don't think flying EK will be enjoyable enough to warrant the detour via DXB. And on top of that, currently BA J (direct, non stop, non fuss) is about 400 cheaper than EK J (for the same November date). I'll take dormitory (CW) class for that, even if I have to pay for seat assignment (how low can one fall...)

Having said all that, I am actually sort of proud of having been on the very last passenger carrying 747 ever flown by BA (4 June, repatriation flight CPT/LHR). That frame (CIVP) made it's flight to the scrapheap yesterday).
Silverswimmer likes this.

Last edited by thijsseh; Sep 22, 2020 at 3:23 am Reason: Adding bit about last BA 747 flight
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:19 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Double tier miles until 31 March 2021 too. Joined in 2011; non-stop gold since 2011.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
"A Double Treat For You Get double Skywards Miles too for being one of our very first members when we launched in 2000."-so I get both.
Must be length of time I've been a member, as I have never been above Silver
SS
and
Mrs SS has received an identical offer of "Double Treat till August 2021",she joined in 2000 and has been only Silver
SS
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Didnt get any offer, disgraceful.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Didnt get any offer, disgraceful.
You are iO, EK is happy to take you for granted and doesn't feel a need to offer bonus miles, I imagine.

I believe we've established previously Skywards isn't run like you would expect a normal frequent flier programme to be!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I was almost hurt when I saw my email made no mention of my Skywards tenure Might be because I was originally a Skysurfer back in 2002/3 when I joined. Funnily enough I joined because I was asked to by the local regional manager to appear in an advert for EK and give my "Avgeek" perspective on the airline and they would give me 100K miles. I honestly did not have a strong grasp of FF programs at the time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.