Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Selected Travel Vouchers / Possible to change mind and refund?

Old Sep 13, 20, 4:31 am
T0X
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience...

I had a lot of emirates bookings which I was unable to take due to the COVID situation.

Maybe I was being naive, but I liked the idea of a travel voucher and thought I would be back to regular flying by now. So I have probably 10k USD in travel vouchers from emirates

The reality is, with the current corona situation, I am unable to be able to use this money due to travel restrictions. And even without the restrictions, my family are a little less keen to go anywhere anyway now. And I canít see this changing for a long time...

Are we able to change our mind and get a refund of the travel vouchers and has anybody else managed that? Or do we have to wait for them to run out of validity?

thanks
Old Sep 13, 20, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes, you can get a refund, but you'll need to wait a year :-

Should you be unable to utilise the full value of your travel voucher within 12 months from the date it was issued, you will be entitled to a refund of the unutilised amount or be able to extend the voucher for another year.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...efund-request/
Old Sep 13, 20, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by T0X View Post
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience...

I had a lot of emirates bookings which I was unable to take due to the COVID situation.

Maybe I was being naive, but I liked the idea of a travel voucher and thought I would be back to regular flying by now. So I have probably 10k USD in travel vouchers from emirates

The reality is, with the current corona situation, I am unable to be able to use this money due to travel restrictions. And even without the restrictions, my family are a little less keen to go anywhere anyway now. And I canít see this changing for a long time...

Are we able to change our mind and get a refund of the travel vouchers and has anybody else managed that? Or do we have to wait for them to run out of validity?

thanks
Yes you can change it to a refund... i did it with 4 vouchers

Search this Thread
Search Engine: