Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, some months ago. In both the A and B concourses. Not sure about C, avoid any C concourse lounge if I can.
Thanks, what concorse do you think I would get travelling LGW-DXB-MLE and return?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks, what concorse do you think I would get travelling LGW-DXB-MLE and return?
Absolutely no idea, I’m afraid. MOST A380 flights are A or B, MOST 77W flights are B or C. But generally it’s pretty unpredictable
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GodAtum
There are lots more appropriate threads to be asking about lounge access and which concourse flights are from. This thread is for COVID related questions.
Ardentinny likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Moflav
Thanks for the info.
Guess we will be needing a PCR test one day prior to our flight back to the US.
We will have around 10 hours at the DXB airport after our return from Al Maha. Our flight departs DXB at 2:25 am. Hopefully, that should be enough time to take a PCR test at the airport and receive the results before the flight.
PCR tests at the airport are extremely limited now compared to how they were even a couple months ago. I had to walk down completely deserted hallways in T3 the other day to even find the tiny station set up behind a dormant security checkpoint. And they informed me the results would only be available by coming back directly to that station, not over email, as the tests are intended only for transit passengers. Find an antigen test somewhere else or do a self test proctored by video.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:39 pm

So what's the latest on a 16 hour layover/transit in Dubai (not leaving the terminal)? Do we need to test at the terminal?

We'll be coming from Delhi, transiting in Dubai, and flying to the United States 16 hours later. Our antigen Covid test will be done a day before boarding the flight in India.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by pampa
So what's the latest on a 16 hour layover/transit in Dubai (not leaving the terminal)? Do we need to test at the terminal?

We'll be coming from Delhi, transiting in Dubai, and flying to the United States 16 hours later. Our antigen Covid test will be done a day before boarding the flight in India.
Just curious, why not leave the terminal? Generally Indians with visas for the US are eligible for visa on arrival in UAE, if that was the concern.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by xobile
Just curious, why not leave the terminal? Generally Indians with visas for the US are eligible for visa on arrival in UAE, if that was the concern.
I've been to to Dubai a couple of times already, it's going to be overnight, and I'm always anxious about missing the long flight to the US (had an horrible previous experience with it). Edit: not Indian - in fact, I need visa for India. Love India and the people there so I try to go there once a while.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by pampa

if this is all in one ticket your test from pre-departure in India will be all you need
pampa likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 11:51 pm

Coming back from India to the USA with a 15 hour wait in Dubai. Can I use the BinaxNow Abbott video-proctored antigen test or do I need a PCR test? Not leaving the airport or entering Dubai.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:23 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm also interested in knowing if the BinaxNow Abbot video proctor test will be accepted for MXP-JFK. Flying this Saturday. Hoping I don't get turned away with this and have to get a last minute test at the airport
Old May 16, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by S.R
I'm also interested in knowing if the BinaxNow Abbot video proctor test will be accepted for MXP-JFK. Flying this Saturday. Hoping I don't get turned away with this and have to get a last minute test at the airport
It is accepted.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I haven't flown EK, but the US definitely accepts the BinaxNow proctored video test. I've had no trouble using it with AA, DL, VS, and AC.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:16 am

Hi Everyone,

I am flying back from India to USA via Dubai in two days and received a message stating I need a PCR test. However, by checking the Covid policy on Emirates website, it clearly mentioned that rapid antigen test is accepted to enter USA for transiting passengers through Dubai. Can someone please verity this information?

Thank you so much.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by echolovesyou
Hi Everyone,

I am flying back from India to USA via Dubai in two days and received a message stating I need a PCR test. However, by checking the Covid policy on Emirates website, it clearly mentioned that rapid antigen test is accepted to enter USA for transiting passengers through Dubai. Can someone please verity this information?

Thank you so much.
I think they do that because there’s a chance you would leave the airport and then yes, they ask for a PCR test because DXB requires it for some reason. I’m returning now and just in case I did a PCR test. I got one for 900 rupees and they go to your place to test.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:45 pm

Thanks Pampa, I do not want to have a chance to be denied getting on the plane so I also asked to get a PCR test from hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.