Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Krz
Well, this was my initial idea, but I will have to go through pass control before departure in Dubai. So I could be asked for test results issued in UAE?
BTW people can also make online check-in. In such situation who check test required?
Passport control would not be checking testing requirement for your destination. They do that at check-in. OLCI generally doesn’t issue you with a BP if a document check is required, so that forces you to go to counter, but there’s also a second document check prior to boarding to gain entry to the gate.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:05 am
Krz

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Passport control would not be checking testing requirement for your destination. They do that at check-in. OLCI generally doesn’t issue you with a BP if a document check is required, so that forces you to go to counter, but there’s also a second document check prior to boarding to gain entry to the gate.
Ok, so the second document check would not make any issue when I have test results done in other country and border crossing stamp from Dubai??

Emirates website, in "Requirements for all passengers arriving in Dubai" section:
" Certificates that have already been presented for travel to another destination can't be used for re entry even if they are still within the validity period."
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Krz
Ok, so the second document check would not make any issue when I have test results done in other country and border crossing stamp from Dubai??

Emirates website, in "Requirements for all passengers arriving in Dubai" section:
" Certificates that have already been presented for travel to another destination can't be used for re entry even if they are still within the validity period."
No it would not be a problem.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Krz

the second document check is airside. They wouldn’t know that you went into Dubai, and I doubt they’d care. As long as you get your BP printed at the first point of origin you’ll be fine.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:34 am

flying DXB-IAD in 4 days. Flight departs at 2:24AM. Do I need to get covid tested and results in hand on the previous day? Given that the flight is super early would they take results from a test taken 2 calendar days before the flight? I.e. get tested 2 days before and obtaining the results one day before the flight? Or would I have to shell for fast pcr and get tested and get results on the day before the flight?
Sadly timatic is not clear on what happens for those super early flights - if one calendar day is really the previous day or the previous 2 days

Last edited by libuser; Jan 21, 2022 at 6:57 am
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:15 pm

I will land in Dubai Airport DXB at 7:30pm (from USA), and would like to take a bus/taxi next morning to Abu Dhabi.

As I understand it, I need the green AlHosn status, which I can only get from a pcr test done in UAE (along with vax docs)? I wanted to know from well-travelled folks here if there's a covid test facility in DXB that I can use for this purpose when I land so hopefully by the time I wake up next morning I have my results which give me green AlHosn status?

Even better, is there any way to get this green AlHosn status before I even leave the US using my vax/pcr-test that I'll use for the emirates flight to dubai? I don't have an emirati id etc.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by libuser
flying DXB-IAD in 4 days. Flight departs at 2:24AM. Do I need to get covid tested and results in hand on the previous day? Given that the flight is super early would they take results from a test taken 2 calendar days before the flight? I.e. get tested 2 days before and obtaining the results one day before the flight? Or would I have to shell for fast pcr and get tested and get results on the day before the flight?
Sadly timatic is not clear on what happens for those super early flights - if one calendar day is really the previous day or the previous 2 days
From what I gather it's "anytime on the previous calendar day" as I flew DXB-SFO and turned in a result from the previous calendar day at 2:30am, but was definitely more than 24 hours from departure. I tried calling the local Emirates customer service number to get clarity but it was always busy so I rolled the dice.

Kings College Hospital in Dubai Hills off Al Khail Road has a 24 hour drive-up testing center and although they tell you it's a 24 hour turnaround, I got my results in about 4 hours (YMMV, though!). I'd try to get there about 20 minutes before midnight, so that by the time they swab you it's after midnight. There's a place in RAK that offers 3-hour rush testing for dhs350, that's a heck of a drive, but might be worth the peace of mind.

Best of luck, this US testing requirement combined with the EK PCR requirement is really tough.

https://kingscollegehospitaldubai.com/

https://rakhospital.com/
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I will land in Dubai Airport DXB at 7:30pm (from USA), and would like to take a bus/taxi next morning to Abu Dhabi.

As I understand it, I need the green AlHosn status, which I can only get from a pcr test done in UAE (along with vax docs)? I wanted to know from well-travelled folks here if there's a covid test facility in DXB that I can use for this purpose when I land so hopefully by the time I wake up next morning I have my results which give me green AlHosn status?

Even better, is there any way to get this green AlHosn status before I even leave the US using my vax/pcr-test that I'll use for the emirates flight to dubai? I don't have an emirati id etc.
I can't recall which thread it was on, but somebody mentioned you can get a free PCR check at DXB on arrival.Results arrive in about 4 hours. It's specifically for people to access Expo 2020, but there's obviously no need to go there.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I can't recall which thread it was on, but somebody mentioned you can get a free PCR check at DXB on arrival.Results arrive in about 4 hours. It's specifically for people to access Expo 2020, but there's obviously no need to go there.
You can get a free PCR test on arrival but I am not sure if it's limited to passengers arriving from places where Dubai has required test-on-arrival (like India, Philippines, etc)... but it's worth a shot, results came back within a few hours. They do NOT text you or e-mail you... you have to scan the QR code on the sticker they put on your passport.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
You can get a free PCR test on arrival but I am not sure if it's limited to passengers arriving from places where Dubai has required test-on-arrival (like India, Philippines, etc)... but it's worth a shot, results came back within a few hours. They do NOT text you or e-mail you... you have to scan the QR code on the sticker they put on your passport.
From my experiance, most flights from places where testing is required seem to land in A gates from memory. Anyway if you see a bunch of people in a line just join the line and take a test. As @Metanoia says they dont test you the results but use the DXB Covid app and it will give you the results and generate a certificate for you aswell.

There is also free testing I am told the airpot near passport control, I did see signs for it but unsure if its after passport control or before. Hopefully someone can locate and share where it is, if not I am intending to use it in a month or so, fingers crossed it still exists and i will update. Just make sure you have a single day pay for the expo generated first

Other option is https://www.expo2020dubai.com/-/medi...redemption.pdf it seems you can go to any of the labs on the list and get a free test, most places will say 48 hours but generally results are same day assuming its in the morning.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Al Hosn and PCR arrival test.

As I understand it, I need the green AlHosn status, which I can only get from a pcr test done in UAE ...
I'm a Dubai resident who needs green Al Hosn for Abu Dhabi as well so I can offer a few tips of advice. I've been using the free "Expo 2020" PCR on arrival test. It is located in a repurposed VIP arrivals lounge underneath the escalators on the right hand (west side) and before passport control. Because it's behind you it's hard to notice unless you're really looking for it, but there is an orange sign referring to the "Expo PCR Test" that helps guide you. As a resident, they only wanted my National ID and never asked any further questions, because the room is primarily there for UAE Nationals who don't have to take a pre-departure test, and that's why I guess they don't mind if any resident comes in there. But as a tourist / non-resident you may have to justify why you are there and as others have said you should probably have an EXPO day-pass ready. Also another caveat, the "Free EXPO Test" is officially only for NON-Vaccinated people, as per the written policy so bear that in mind as you try to avail the service. I arrive from the USA around 7-8pm and always have these results by midnight. Also the process is fast, so fast that the last two times I was at the carousel before my bags in spite of doing the arrival-test. As a resident, the result is texted to me, and shows up automatically in my Al-Hosn, so the advice from others that they will not text you may only apply to tourist or that policy may have changed.

One final data point for you, there are not road-border checkpoints anymore and no need to show Al-Hosn to physically enter AbuDhabi. The problem is entry to any public building is monitored by their own security guards, but that is sometimes hit or miss. If you are going to a friends place you could probably just go down there and worry about the test later.

This article also has a lot of useful information about your situation. Hope this helps.
https://www.thenationalnews.com/heal...ing-abu-dhabi/
nomiiiii likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by aeropix
One final data point for you, there are not road-border checkpoints anymore and no need to show Al-Hosn to physically enter AbuDhabi. The problem is entry to any public building is monitored by their own security guards, but that is sometimes hit or miss. If you are going to a friends place you could probably just go down there and worry about the test later.
This is no longer correct as of a month or two back - they have put the border back up, and you require either a Green Pass or a negative PCR within the last 96 hours in order to enter Abu Dhabi.

Security guards in public places are mostly familiar with the rule that tourists may present evidence of vaccination through a printout or the app from their own country, so if all else fails with Al Hosn you can still get in through other means.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Anyone who recently got a free PCR test at DXB T3 as a tourist with an Expo ticket? I am wondering if the centre issues a certificate of the result via pdf or email.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:45 am

Emirates Transit Rules

Am I correct in thinking I can travel from Thailand to the UK, transiting Dubai without needing a PCR test. ?

The Emirates website is spectacularly unclear, as:
1 It lists origin countries from which passengers need a PCR test to transit via Dubai. Thailand is not listed.
2 They don't explicitly specify that a PCR test is NOT needed for transit passengers starting from other countries, such as Thailand.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:05 am
Krz

Programs: Skywards
Currently (from few days) there is no list on page "Transiting in Dubai". It includes only:
"Transiting passengers are not required to present a COVID 19‑PCR test certificate unless it is mandated by their final destination.
Passengers booked with Dubai Connect/Stopover packages must follow the same PCR test requirements as applicable for passengers arriving/entering Dubai."
without any list exception for some departing countries.
jaizan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.