Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Pandor
I don’t understand why it’s only until the 21st Nov? I’m travelling to Dubai on the 25th.
The 21st November end date seems to have been removed :-

Effective 31 October 2021 and until further notice, all passengers travelling to Dubai from France, Germany, Spain, or Switzerland will be accepted for travel if they meet the following conditions:
Pandor likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I don't think it's been mentioned on here, but the free Covid-19 travel insurance ends for tickets purchased after 1st December 2021.

https://www.emirates.com/english/bef...vel-insurance/
Yes, it ends then and I'm in the process of purchasing another ticket, but the emirates black friday sale is supposed to start in a few days, so I'll buy when they drop the prices.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Yes, it ends then and I'm in the process of purchasing another ticket, but the emirates black friday sale is supposed to start in a few days, so I'll buy when they drop the prices.
Do EK ever drop prices during their "sales"?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Do EK ever drop prices during their "sales"?
Actually, YES. They have a sale at the end of the summer also, between August/September when they drop their prices. And they are actually dropped. Like Economy marked down about $300.

I'm just waiting on the black friday sale. Also, the deals will go fast if you're looking for a "special" or "saver" fare. They may fill up quickly. So, at least look now at what's available for your dates and try to book ASAP. The sale will start before you get the announcement from Emirates that it has started. Just keep checking.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:35 am

Actually, YES. They have a sale at the end of the summer also, between August/September when they drop their prices. And they are actually dropped. Like Economy marked down about $300.

I'm just waiting on the black friday sale. Also, the deals will go fast if you're looking for a "special" or "saver" fare. They may fill up quickly. So, at least look now at what's available for your dates and try to book ASAP. The sale will start before you get the announcement from Emirates that it has started. Just keep checking.
Maybe it's different in the US. The "sale" prices in the UK seem to be no different to the normal prices!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:05 am

Maybe it's different in the US. The "sale" prices in the UK seem to be no different to the normal prices!
Maybe it's North America prices. Both flights I checked in the US and Mexico were discounted and I purchased one from Mexico site.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:51 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Got an email this morning announcing that the Black Friday sale is now on. As I don't need any new tickets at the moment I don't know what the special prices might be, just a heads up....
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Got an email this morning announcing that the Black Friday sale is now on. As I don't need any new tickets at the moment I don't know what the special prices might be, just a heads up....
What market do you live in? I haven't received any email and can't get to the link for black friday sales. Is the link they sent you private or is for anyone? If for anyone could you post it, please? Thank you🙏
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
The prices don’t look very good, but I have DXB as my default location so I suppose it ranges from “rip your eyeballs out” to “lose your left arm”.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
The prices don’t look very good, but I have DXB as my default location so I suppose it ranges from “rip your eyeballs out” to “lose your left arm”.
I finally got the email and yep you're right....no deals, like none at all!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:20 pm

Hi all I am flying to Dubai from Manchester UK in a couple of weeks and have just booked my pre flight covid test at the airport the afternoon before my flight
On looking at my confirmation email is says there will not be a QR code on the pdf email attachment of my results.
Does this matter and can I just show the file on my phone at check-in or will I have to get it printed out somewhere
Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by philstoke
Hi all I am flying to Dubai from Manchester UK in a couple of weeks and have just booked my pre flight covid test at the airport the afternoon before my flight
On looking at my confirmation email is says there will not be a QR code on the pdf email attachment of my results.
Does this matter and can I just show the file on my phone at check-in or will I have to get it printed out somewhere
Thanks
Probably best to print it out. That's what I'm planning when I do the same route (also in a couple of weeks - covid willing).
Old Nov 28, 2021, 7:21 am

Probably best to print it out. That's what I'm planning when I do the same route (also in a couple of weeks - covid willing).
Are you having the Collinson test or the other company, I don't know what the difference is between the two, perhaps with the other company you get a QR code , but this one was cheaper so I chose them, if I do have to have a QR code I might have to cancel and re-book
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Hi everyone. With the new USA regulations I have a question. Previously, with the 3 day limit, I had been traveling to the USA from Indonesia using a PCR test. Now with the 1 day requirement, that is more difficult, so I will get an Antigen test. Has anyone ran into any issues with Emirates agents while using an Antigen test Vs PCR, even though the USA accepts Antigen as well? Thanks, probably a silly concern!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Hi everyone. With the new USA regulations I have a question. Previously, with the 3 day limit, I had been traveling to the USA from Indonesia using a PCR test. Now with the 1 day requirement, that is more difficult, so I will get an Antigen test. Has anyone ran into any issues with Emirates agents while using an Antigen test Vs PCR, even though the USA accepts Antigen as well? Thanks, probably a silly concern!
Ive flown EK to the US several times with an Antigen test. There are a few originating countries where Dubai transit requires PCR but Indonesia is not one. That said, I’d confirm that Indonesian airports don’t require PCR. I know Iraq isn’t in the same league, but that’s an example where you need PCR just to enter the airport, but once you’re in you can use antigen with your airline. But EK won’t be a problem, based on both their rules and past precedent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.