Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:42 am

Spoke to EK customer service. The test must be valid within 96 hours of BOARDING the plan, which actually they told me was within 96 hours of checking in to ticketing

And the 96 hour clock started when the swab was taken.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
What type of verifiable personal data, can you elaborate?

I called the EK customer service line and they said as long as you have an EMAIL confirmation, they will accept it...
Anyone had experience flying with one of these yet?
full name and date of birth.

Originally Posted by suley
Interesting I am assuming you booked for a test saying you had symptoms and did a post or drive through test? Would be intresting to know how you get on if you are flying
I live in an area under a local lockdown and everyone is being encouraged to get a test.

I had the test at 4pm and got the results 36 hours later.

not flying, but I had just returned from Spain (8 hours into the quarantine window).
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Originally Posted by PattiW
Spoke to EK customer service. The test must be valid within 96 hours of BOARDING the plan, which actually they told me was within 96 hours of checking in to ticketing

And the 96 hour clock started when the swab was taken.
I want to book a November trip from the UK to the Maldives. Never mind the test before the outbound flight, I am curious as to how it is going to be possible to get a similar required test and results before the return flight to DXB when based on a tiny island in the Maldives. I guess I will just have to wait until nearer my preferred time to see how EK rules and regulations change or find another airline with different requirements..
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Last edited by dogsrock; Aug 5, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dogsrock
I want to book a November trip from the UK to the Maldives. Never mind the test before the outbound flight, I am curious as to how it is going to be possible to get a similar required test and results before the return flight to DXB when based on a tiny island in the Maldives. I guess I will just have to wait until nearer my preferred time to see how EK rules and regulations change or find another airline with different requirements..
It seems like the resorts in Maldives have started using this as an opportunity to add more upcharges - offering the pcr test 3-4 days before departure from $150-200 testing fees, plus transportation of your swab-results to/from clinic in Male (from free to unspecified transportation charges). And of course if your result is positive the resort is happy to extend your stay for 14 days mandatory and add that too your credit card bill.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just a general FYI - I booked and paid for the test yesterday evening for an Aug 20 flight, departing MAN. I emailed Eurofins with the Pure Health confirmation which you get after payment.

Waiting for their update as to when my test is based upon the information provided. Will update as and when again. The cost was 542 AED.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: Qantas
Flying MEL to LHR on 08/08. Did a few calculations and got a test last night (AEST) which will mean we have ~2.5 hrs wiggle room within the 96hr window when boarding our DXB-LHR flight. Will be interesting to see what they do if the flight is delayed leaving DXB - do they have to pay for the accom costs etc while we wait for results from another test?

In Aus at least they are saying 3-5 days for test results, we’ve given it just over 3 days, which is apparently normally fine...

eek!
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by nadeem
Just a general FYI - I booked and paid for the test yesterday evening for an Aug 20 flight, departing MAN. I emailed Eurofins with the Pure Health confirmation which you get after payment.

Waiting for their update as to when my test is based upon the information provided. Will update as and when again. The cost was 542 AED.
My wife is currently in the UK due to return to DXB (from LHR) on the 15 Aug. Booked and paid Eurofins over a week ago with no update. She finally managed to speak with them on the phone and was told they are focussing on immediate bookings and to call back closer to the 96 hour window to make an appointment.
Apparently there is a waiting time of up to 3 hours once you arrive at the clinic irregardless of your booking time.

Based on the new regulations stating certified clinics can perform the PCR test, she cancelled, got refunded and is going to a clinic in a more convenient location.
nadeem likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: Skywards
90 minute COVID-19 tests https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53632043
This should be a game changer...
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:22 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Just make sure the report explicitly mentions PCR or Nasal
Up to 10 passengers flying ORD-DXB were denied boarding because their reports did not mention those exact words
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Just make sure the report explicitly mentions PCR or Nasal
Up to 10 passengers flying ORD-DXB were denied boarding because their reports did not mention those exact words
See now this will be an issue I can see happening more and more - I just got tested (for a trip to Alaska) and checked my lab report - it does not mention PCR or Nasal, even though that is the test I got. This isn't a problem going to alaska since they aren't as strict, but it looks like Emirates is being strict on this.

Different labs use a different template and its really not possible to predict what their final report will look like and if it will have the right wording or not. And you can't really ask the clinic or hospital to change their template.

Last edited by nomiiiii; Aug 6, 2020 at 12:35 am
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
My experience

As promised reporting back on my journey in to Dubai yesterday (5th August). I was flying BA not EK but hopefully this is helpful to those on this forum too.

I booked in to the Unilabs Euston Square clinic for a PCR test. Called them last week and they had no issues getting me an appointment on Monday 3rd. They need 24 hours to issue the result. You pay for the appointment on the Pure Health site, then call / email the clinic directly to book the slot. As mentioned upthread, I went for this clinic as they had a dedicated phone line and responsive email addresses which the Feltham lab does not.

After booking the PCR test, you arrive to the clinic and the procedure is rapid. Bring ID - passport or drivers licence. There were a lot of appointments but I was seen on time and out 5 minutes later. The result is then issued to you by Pure Health (not the clinic). This was received by email just over 24 hours after the test was taken. The email states your test result and the so called certificate is attached which I printed out to show at LHR check in.

The flight itself wasn't great as we departed two hours late and BA are flying the long way round to Dubai to avoid Iraq / Iran. The dismal catering is for another forum

On arrival at Dubai (Terminal 3 not 1), the process was very easy. I was half expecting a secondary PCR test to be necessary on arrival but this wasn't required, so no mini quarantine necessary at least for those arriving from the UK. If you have dinner plans on arrival, they're safe Border control was quiet. Smart gates were shut (and the agent said this would be the case for a while) but he waved me through with no more than a cursory check of my negative test certificate and signed declaration, which was handed to me at check in by BA. From disembarking I was in duty free within about 10 minutes which is excellent for T3 at the best of times.

As an aside, the declaration form asks for various details (do you have the means to fund a quarantine stay / medical treatment etc.) including your seat number on the flight. I had mentioned earlier that one of my concerns was to be asked to quarantine in case a passenger sat near you caught it and you were subsequently notified. The Y load on BA was about 50% with a number of pax not making it due to not having the required documentation. I didn't insert my seat number as I filled the form out before check in so didn't have one (online check in is not possible due to the new rules) - but the border agent did not seem to mind.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thanks for this nmc980 - am waiting for their response and see how the experience is at Warrington.
nmc980 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by nadeem
Thanks for this nmc980 - am waiting for their response and see how the experience is at Warrington.
Warrington??? Covid19 is the least of your worries going there
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Heads-up, in addition to all other rules Emirates is requiring that the covid result you have must be presented PRINTED (not on your phone), unless your final destination is UAE. So all transit or departing passengers now need to find a time and place to print out the results within those 96 hours

Reports on twitter of people denied boarding because they presented the result pdf file on their phone.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Heads-up, in addition to all other rules Emirates is requiring that the covid result you have must be presented PRINTED (not on your phone), unless your final destination is UAE. So all transit or departing passengers now need to find a time and place to print out the results within those 96 hours

Reports on twitter of people denied boarding because they presented the result pdf file on their phone.
To be fair, EK state they need a test certificate and for me that automatically would mean paper as proof and not a pdf file on a smartphone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.