FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   upgrading with an infant (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2020601-upgrading-infant.html)

purplevicki Jun 29, 2020 3:17 am

upgrading with an infant

Hi all,
We are hoping to travel from Dubai to Amsterdam in December.....been living in Dubai for 8 years and it is time to leave for a new adventure. We would love our leaving flights to be in Business and we have more than enough miles to upgrade. When I checked for 12th December there is availability for 2 adults to upgrade from Economy to Business so that's great. However we will be travelling with our son who will be 14 months old at the time. When I search with an infant, no availability comes up, but when I search just 2 adults you can upgrade.
I checked the Emirates website which says you can upgrade with an infant but wasn't very detailed.
Can anyone help? Do I have to pay extra miles? Do I book just for us, upgrade online and then call Emirates to add our son?
Also, fully appreciate flights might get changed etc but not thinking about that aspect for now.

Thanks everyone.

larzy1977 Jun 29, 2020 5:22 am

Originally Posted by purplevicki (Post 32493106)
Hi all,
We are hoping to travel from Dubai to Amsterdam in December.....been living in Dubai for 8 years and it is time to leave for a new adventure. We would love our leaving flights to be in Business and we have more than enough miles to upgrade. When I checked for 12th December there is availability for 2 adults to upgrade from Economy to Business so that's great. However we will be travelling with our son who will be 14 months old at the time. When I search with an infant, no availability comes up, but when I search just 2 adults you can upgrade.
I checked the Emirates website which says you can upgrade with an infant but wasn't very detailed.
Can anyone help? Do I have to pay extra miles? Do I book just for us, upgrade online and then call Emirates to add our son?
Also, fully appreciate flights might get changed etc but not thinking about that aspect for now.

Thanks everyone.

It will cost 10% of the used miles to upgrade an infant i thought.

Milwaukee Jun 29, 2020 6:38 am

Are you purchasing economy tickets and then using miles to upgrade or are you trying to book an award flight directly in business for the three of you? If the latter you may be running into issues because infants can only be booked into economy with miles (although they can be upgraded). See: https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...s-for-infants/

m3red Jun 29, 2020 11:44 am

Originally Posted by purplevicki (Post 32493106)
Hi all,

Thanks everyone.

book economy flex and above and then to upgrade 2 plus lap infant you only need 2 reward seats.

infants charged at 10% of the miles but they don’t need an award seat to be available