Wiki Posts
Search

Wearing Masks On EK Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:47 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
No negative downside? Wearing it for hours on end is horrible. I won't be wearing mine all flight.
My understanding is that EK DEMAND that you wear face covering during the flight (if I am wrong, please correct me, I copy from the website: You will need to keep your mask on at all times in the airport, during boarding and on board. )
In that light:
Is it a published benefit of iO status that you don't have to stick to the rules imposed by the airline?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:36 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by thijsseh
My understanding is that EK DEMAND that you wear face covering during the flight (if I am wrong, please correct me, I copy from the website: You will need to keep your mask on at all times in the airport, during boarding and on board. )
In that light:
Is it a published benefit of iO status that you don't have to stick to the rules imposed by the airline?
What the airline says publicly and what is enforced are two different things. I'm onboard now and I'd say half of the people at most are wearing a mask.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
What the airline says publicly and what is enforced are two different things. I'm onboard now and I'd say half of the people at most are wearing a mask.
I would imagine most people stick to wearing a mask flying into Dubai, for obvious reasons.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:51 pm

Have you been through DXB? I'm curious how things are going there such as how much stuff is open, mask usage, how much footfall, is security doing anything different on transit etc.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mint Fresh
Have you been through DXB? I'm curious how things are going there such as how much stuff is open, mask usage, how much footfall, is security doing anything different on transit etc.
I was departing dxb, cant comment on transit. trays seem to be disinfected, masks worn by everywhere. Lounges still closed. Some shops open, from f&b perspectively very limited seating and mainly take away. Dxb was still deserted, footfall is about what you find on pre covid days between 5-7pm, that's the best way I can explain it
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
I was departing dxb, cant comment on transit. trays seem to be disinfected, masks worn by everywhere. Lounges still closed. Some shops open, from f&b perspectively very limited seating and mainly take away. Dxb was still deserted, footfall is about what you find on pre covid days between 5-7pm, that's the best way I can explain it
I once took a flight leaving at 6pm from DXB-CGK, and i daresay that was the only flight at that time, whole of T3 was deserted and shops were quiet, some transit passengers in the chairs, but we did not see another passenger in the 5 minutes we walked from the lifts to the gate, except some on our flight
Funny that 6pm is when Dubai's roads are at its most congested, yet Terminal 3 is at its quietest
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 7:24 am

Hi All, just curious here as reading online there are mixed comments.....
How about if you wish to sleep on board. It’s not recommended to wear a mask while you are sleeping so any one who flew recently remove this? Have a flight to jfk in August in business.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by ekgoldmember
Hi All, just curious here as reading online there are mixed comments.....
How about if you wish to sleep on board. It’s not recommended to wear a mask while you are sleeping so any one who flew recently remove this? Have a flight to jfk in August in business.
Hospital patients sleep with masks on so you'll be ok🙄
BadoRas and IntrepidAfrican like this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Hospital patients sleep with masks on so you'll be ok🙄
No need to roll your eyes and as my post did ask for anyone who flew recently I shall give you one back. 🙄
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ekgoldmember
No need to roll your eyes and as my post did ask for anyone who flew recently I shall give you one back. 🙄
dont worry. I was on a flight yesterday and virtually everyone took it off while sleeping.

Didnt wear mine the entire flight.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:12 pm

dont worry. I was on a flight yesterday and virtually everyone took it off while sleeping.

Didnt wear mine the entire flight.
Thank you so much. All I wanted to know from someone who has actually has been on a recent flight.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:48 am

If the flight is half empty or nearly empty, then you can probably take it off while seated if no one is near you.

But if the flight is full or crowded, or when going to the galley or toilet, wear it, I guess?

And I'll find out soon! I will take 2 flights with Emirates very soon..
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:31 am

I will be wearing a mask as long as possible if I am not able to avoid a crowd or a closed group situation like a flight; not for my protection but for others as I do not know what I carry. It is simply about mathematics - if a mask cuts down droplet emissions by even 20%, it automatically reduces the probability of catching anything from someone wearing a mask. And if more people wear one, the probability reduction is exponential. Comfort or not having the perfect mask cannot be the sole reasons for not wearing a mask - how do medical professionals spend day after day wearing a mask and other not so comfortable PPE equipment?
eutow, mjmal51, thijsseh and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I will be wearing a mask as long as possible if I am not able to avoid a crowd or a closed group situation like a flight; not for my protection but for others as I do not know what I carry. It is simply about mathematics - if a mask cuts down droplet emissions by even 20%, it automatically reduces the probability of catching anything from someone wearing a mask. And if more people wear one, the probability reduction is exponential. Comfort or not having the perfect mask cannot be the sole reasons for not wearing a mask - how do medical professionals spend day after day wearing a mask and other not so comfortable PPE equipment?
Me too, I wore a mask all the time, except for drinking, for 8 hours in a flight back in August. It is more uncomfortable to wear headphones than to wear a mask.

I was very surprised that about 30% of the cabin (business class that day) was not wearing one or wearing one below the nose/mouth. Also I was very surprised that there was zero enforcement from the crew, despite the announcements saying it was compulsory to wear a mask. Even one of the crew members was wearing it below the nose for some time while walking the aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.