Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Old A350 order, EK kicking themselves

Old May 14, 20, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver

Obviously nobody could have predicted Covid19 and the change to aviation, but I bet right now Ek are kicking themselves that they cancelled the original 2007 A350 order they had! Would have been a perfect aircraft for EK To have us in the fleet right now.

Last edited by Bouncingsouls; May 15, 20 at 2:50 am
Old May 15, 20, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls View Post
Obviously nobody could have predicted Covid19 and the change to aviation, but I bet right now Ek are kicking themselves that they cancelled the original 2007 A350 order they had! Would have been a perfect aircraft for EK To have us in the fleet right now.
I bet that EK could fast-track the current A350 order if they really wanted to. A lot of airlines would be perfectly happy to defer their deliveries for a few years
Old May 15, 20, 5:40 am

if there is no flight whose care use a350 to lower their cost, also one of reason for emirates success is they have only two type aircraft, if they add one more type in this hard period, actually is higher their cost right now.
Ashok Khanna and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 15, 20, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I bet that EK could fast-track the current A350 order if they really wanted to. A lot of airlines would be perfectly happy to defer their deliveries for a few years
yes I suppose thatís very true. I wonder how fast they could get new business seats in development. Hmmm. Haha
Old May 15, 20, 10:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls View Post
I think that for the next year (or two or more), EK will have plenty of spare capacity and will be happy that there are not going to be scores of A350's arriving at their doorstep. Sure, they might be cheaper to operate, but to have a 77W standing idle at a cost of $$$$ would probably not make that much sense. (by the way, I am not an 'airline economis, so I may be completely wrong)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 1:01 pm

Programs: Skywards
I wonder with enforced social distancing on planes, is a partially full 777 more profitable (less of a lossmaker) than a partially full A380?

Which is more economical per square foot?
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ashok Khanna View Post
I wonder with enforced social distancing on planes, is a partially full 777 more profitable (less of a lossmaker) than a partially full A380?

Which is more economical per square foot?
I was thinking the same, while 777 is less of a loss maker, a A380 two class will have a larger load capacity, would it not be more cost effective assuming both are loaded to maximum possible with social distancing in play
Old May 15, 20, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by suley View Post
I was thinking the same, while 777 is less of a loss maker, a A380 two class will have a larger load capacity, would it not be more cost effective assuming both are loaded to maximum possible with social distancing in play
Cargo on the 777 is a huge advantage.
Old May 15, 20, 8:29 pm

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by suley View Post
A full plane doesn't imply a profitable plane
Old May 15, 20, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
A full plane doesn't imply a profitable plane
Absolutely.... Cargo (which doesnt complain), high yield pax, and mail are all factors.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: