Wiki Posts
Search

Will covid-19 kill some benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 11:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Oh and - "Crew are not required to make customers beds". The struggle is going to get real.
At home my wife makes the bed. So now she’ll have to do it as well for me if and when we fly F (which is seldom)

How do I break this to her......?
BadoRas likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
at home my wife makes the bed. So now she’ll have to do it as well for me if and when we fly f (which is seldom) :d

how do i break this to her......?
🙀🙀
Old May 20, 2020, 2:36 pm

Does make me wonder, could you ask for a partial refund for the downgrade of service. While CD was a complimentory service it was part of the package. Sure a judge would agree it's not as described?
Old May 22, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
I saw that email too. Things are expected to return to normal by July. Let's see how that goes.... they can quit the HVC speech altogether if it were me, hearing that every 4-5 days is (was) getting very tiring. Never understood why people cannot make their bed themselves either.
after 2 bottles of Dom a bottle of Bordeaux and some a paradis it’s a struggle.
Metanoia and BadoRas like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
At home my wife makes the bed. So now she’ll have to do it as well for me if and when we fly F (which is seldom)

How do I break this to her......?
Hmmmmm... I know your comment is tongue in cheek, and I don't want to be a killjoy here....... how do I break it to you...... the men should be doing this for themselves!
Old May 23, 2020, 8:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Hmmmmm... I know your comment is tongue in cheek, and I don't want to be a killjoy here....... how do I break it to you...... the men should be doing this for themselves!
Well, time to be honest. We actually normally do it together. One stands on either side of the bed and we shake the duvet etc and put it back on. Each repositions his / her own pillow.
Never thought I would share my bedroom secrets on FT, but then after that (indeed tongue in cheek) remark, I had that coming. And by the way, I shared that post with mrs t moments after I clicked 'submit reply.....
BadoRas and iFlyMoreThanYou like this.

Last edited by thijsseh; May 23, 2020 at 9:22 am Reason: spelling error
Old May 23, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I hope that CD does not die....it is indeed one of the great things about EK, especially with the unlimited mileage for UAE (I often head to Abu Dhabi). The permanent loss of it would encourage me to shop around on my next flight, as I am sure it would for many, especially J regulars.
Old May 23, 2020, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by JTXC
I hope that CD does not die....it is indeed one of the great things about EK, especially with the unlimited mileage for UAE (I often head to Abu Dhabi). The permanent loss of it would encourage me to shop around on my next flight, as I am sure it would for many, especially J regulars.
Hopefully the EK bus to AD will still operate! 😊
Old May 24, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by JTXC
Sure but they may learn from the experience of Etihad where many frequent users went elsewhere and there was little evidence of the promised price saving. There are not many USPs that an airline can offer but this one stands out and it offers for many an enormous benefit of taking the hassle of getting to and from the airport
mjmal51 likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver
I thought chauffeur drive was a great perk, even though it’s factored into pricing and you are still paying for it essentially, it still felt good to have it. Like haas been previously said I think nowadays they need to have something to differentiate themselves from the rest, who have all caught up and in someways surpassed Eks offering.

did STC not mention a while back, that they were going to put another updated Bar on the newest 380’s? Did anyone ever see pictures of this? Probably won’t happen now, unless they have already been made. And what’s everyone’s best guess at when the onboard bar will be back open? October/November time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.