Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Flights may start again sooner than we think
Don't leave us hanging!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
i just did a test booking on the website via ‘search for flights’ for ZRH-DXB-ZRH in late November in Y and no refund charges either.. might actually book it..
Intresting, will see what happens tomorrow. Tried a search from a south asian country and found fees for cancellation. Tried booking from Australia site and no fees
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Flights may start again sooner than we think
"If we think flights won't start again til 2021 then they will start sooner than we think, guess it depends on what we are thinking"

Why do folks insist on these kind of mystery posts that add nothing to our communal knowledge. Is it too much wine before posting? (maybe therefore more appropriate to the EK Wine thread? )
DYKWIA and ps107 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by ft101

I see vouchers can now be cashed in after a year if your unable to use them.
Where did you read this please? Can you share a source?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
No..its from the date of the cancelled flight/missed delivery of the items etc . I have successfully disputed charges with flybe ( collapsed) and easyjet ( cancelled due to coronavirus restrictions) and AMEX gave my funds back.Many of these tickets had been booked 5 or 6 months ago
This is good to hear, and hopefully the answer I've been looking for! My flight, scheduled for last week from Birmingham to Ho Chi Minh City, was cancelled and after pleading for a cash refund, I reluctantly had no option but to accept the voucher given my flight was due to take off 2 hours later and if I was marked as a no-show I would have got nothing at all.

Did you also get a voucher but then spoke to AMEX who have reimbursed you? If so, what happens with the voucher? And do you mind me asking what exactly you said to AMEX please?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by MrLee
Where did you read this please? Can you share a source?
Here: https://www.emirates.com/english/help/refund-request/
Note the second point in the checklist.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:15 am

Has anyone (reluctantly) accepted a voucher for a flight cancelled by Emirates but then managed to get a refund by quoting EC261/2004 article 8 (which I've only just found out about), or something similar please?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Here: https://www.emirates.com/english/help/refund-request/
Note the second point in the checklist.
Thank you. I'm reading the following quote in a different way though, and similar to what I was told last week when I was trying to get a refund. I can have one, but as per my fare rule I'll have to pay a £200 cancellation fee even though they're the ones who have cancelled it. If your fare conditions allow a free cancellation then you probably wouldn't have gone for the voucher.

Should you be unable to travel for 12 months from the date we issued your voucher, you can extend for another year or opt for a cash refund subject to fare conditions applicable at the time of your original booking.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:06 pm

Seems EK is constantly changing the terms, I would suggest anyone who completes form, printscreens and saves page as evidance of the terms on the day
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by MrLee
Thank you. I'm reading the following quote in a different way though, and similar to what I was told last week when I was trying to get a refund. I can have one, but as per my fare rule I'll have to pay a £200 cancellation fee even though they're the ones who have cancelled it. If your fare conditions allow a free cancellation then you probably wouldn't have gone for the voucher.
shocking!! £200 for a cancellation. I thought its 100 usd max
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:37 am

Looks like Emirates are now charging £200 for special fares to be refunded and £100 for changes to be made.
Any extension on their offer, seems like they wont have anyone flying for a month or two!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
Looks like Emirates are now charging £200 for special fares to be refunded and £100 for changes to be made.
Any extension on their offer, seems like they wont have anyone flying for a month or two!
What do you mean 200 for fares and 100 for changes? For what exactly?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
What do you mean 200 for fares and 100 for changes? For what exactly?
200 to refund tickets and 100 to make changes, its mentioned above
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by redeternet7
200 to refund tickets and 100 to make changes, its mentioned above
Yes but for which tickets? New ones issued as of yesterday, the new "confidence" policy?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: EK Gold
https://gulfnews.com/uae/emirates-to....1585817203435
Mits10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.