Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAE Government Suspends All Passenger Flights From 25th March 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
For those from the UK this is a reliable guide..

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...rd-chargeback/
The table in that link was where I got the 120 day rule from,but I see it qualifies it further down with:

Some claims CAN be made after 120 days, but the longest cut-off period is 540 days from the date of the initial transaction.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:55 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by redeternet7
"Customers with flight bookings for travel on or before 30 June 2020 can rebook their flights to any Emirates destination within the same region without a rebooking fee or paying any fare difference."

Correct me if I am wrong, is this saying that if you change your booking and fly before 30 June then theres no fees in changing the booking
However they are not even fully operational before July 2020, is this a scam?
Who said you have to fly again before 30 June 2020, I read that as if your original booking was on or before 30 June then you can rebook.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
The table in that link was where I got the 120 day rule from,but I see it qualifies it further down with:
When you dispute a transaction with AMEX it does ask you when the service was supposed to be delivered or when you were informed that the service will not be delivered.

I usually choose the latter date.

As far as I know the 120 day window starts from this and not from the date you made the payment.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion

Originally Posted by aeropix View Post
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...30gmt-27mar20/

Planned operation as of 0930GMT 27MAR20 as follows. Additional changes remain likely.
Dubai – Paris CDG eff 01JUL20 21 weekly A380
Dubai – Lisbon eff 01JUL20 2 daily 777-300ER
I am super confused about what is going on.

I am booked EK71/DXB-CDG on 16JUN and EK194/LIS-DXB on 30JUN.

I received formal notice of cancelation of both flights from EK on 27MAR.

But I just checked on the EK website and both flights are still bookable.

Am I missing something?

If they have cancelled the flights, why are they not zeroing out inventory?

Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
I think the situation is still too dynamic for them to zero out the inventory for the rest of the year. Reading the tea-leaves I do not think any commercial decisions will be made until after the 8th of April when the first 2-week government mandated flight suspension period expires. After this date the flight suspension could be renewed by the government or limited operations will resume. Reading the boards over at Delta and Southwest in the USA reveals the exact same type of confusion amongst the top tier frequent flyers.

The worldwide GDS amongst all airlines is a truly breathtakingly staggeringly huge operation with literally millions of data points. Routes, airfares, ticketing rules etc. Since even the higher ups at Emirates cannot yet foresee which direction the government of the UAE, let alone the other nations involved will take on this issue, I'd personally advise just to sit tight until the 8th of April and see what happens after that. Only then will we have even the beginning of an idea of what flights will operate going forward.

Until then the inventory systems at all airlines worldwide, not just at EK, will be a mess, and very confusing if you are looking for answers right now. Wait and see is the best advice I can reckon after having read through numerous threads regarding this situation.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Skywards
What do you make of this? NO CHARGE on refunds

Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

That's the "Buy with Confidence" guarantee (or whatever EK called it).
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO

This is in line with all tickets issued between 7 and 31 mar not having cancellation fees (even for cash refunds), and also why I'm stocking up tomorrow.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

What route is this? (Wanting to know the discounted miles offer)
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
This is in line with all tickets issued between 7 and 31 mar not having cancellation fees (even for cash refunds), and also why I'm stocking up tomorrow.
You don't think the no charge xxcl policy will continue then from April 1?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
You don't think the no charge xxcl policy will continue then from April 1?
I think they should continue the promotion, they need all the cash flow they can get, id be disappointed if they don't as their planes are grounded..

Originally Posted by Will08
What route is this? (Wanting to know the discounted miles offer)
its a niche, STN to SKT

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Can you find elsewhere where they mention cash refunds will not have cancellation fees? It will help if they claim otherwise. I think their fares should go down.

Last edited by redeternet7; Mar 30, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:31 pm

I think they should continue the promotion, they need all the cash flow they can get, id be disappointed if they don't as their planes are grounded..

its a niche, STN to SKT

Can you find elsewhere where they mention cash refunds will not have cancellation fees? i think their fares will go down. It will help if they claim otherwise
The conditions say it...

but yes this is what I was asking the other day, given nothing has gotten better surely this offer will be extended? Not that their buy with confidence offer page even exists anymore for this month's offer - 404 error page if you try to load it.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Dan1113
The conditions say it...

but yes this is what I was asking the other day, given nothing has gotten better surely this offer will be extended? Not that their buy with confidence offer page even exists anymore for this month's offer - 404 error page if you try to load it.
i just did a test booking on the website via ‘search for flights’ for ZRH-DXB-ZRH in late November in Y and no refund charges either.. might actually book it..
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
i just did a test booking on the website via ‘search for flights’ for ZRH-DXB-ZRH in late November in Y and no refund charges either.. might actually book it..
Keep in mind, however, that the refund time is very, very long.

I booked under this deal as an Easter back up. Obviously I've had to cancel. This was two weeks ago and no refund yet. I phoned to ask and they told me minimum 90 days to get the refund.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Flights may start again sooner than we think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.