Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by dingobingo
Hey Folks

I had two single and three return tickets cancelled back in April. I'd have thought I would have received something from Emirates by now RE rebooking or vouchers or something, but nada. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance they wont just forget them
Do you still have your booking code? Take a look at it online. If it is still in their system, you may see your flight destination listed as 'PTA' with a flight date sometime in 2021.

You cant actually change anything about the booking without contacting Customer Service, but it is a quick way to make sure you are still around in their system.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:19 am

I tried that. For both sets it says:

Warning:

• There are no active segments in your booking at this time. Please contact Emirates for assistance
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:32 am

I believe that is 'correct'. You have a booking in the system, but there are no active segments within the booking.

Try logging into your account, and then start a chat with Customer Service directly to confirm. It's quick and easy.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:14 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kguy12345
I believe that is 'correct'. You have a booking in the system, but there are no active segments within the booking.

Try logging into your account, and then start a chat with Customer Service directly to confirm. It's quick and easy.
Exactly this. I have been in the same situation and I have been able to 'reactivate' my tickets. No change fee, no fare difference and for one ticket a change in destination (within the same 'area'). But you need to take the initiative, they won't.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
As expected, Emirates has cancelled the return leg (DXB-LHR) of my March flight. I'm about to claim a full refund but just wanted to check that I should be able to do so. The outbound leg (LHR-DXB) hasn't been cancelled yet, only the return flight so far.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rumbataz
As expected, Emirates has cancelled the return leg (DXB-LHR) of my March flight. I'm about to claim a full refund but just wanted to check that I should be able to do so. The outbound leg (LHR-DXB) hasn't been cancelled yet, only the return flight so far.
Yes - you can get a full refund.
rumbataz likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Yes you should be able to get a full refund as your original ticket itinerary is impacted due to return leg cancellation.

Old Mar 1, 2021, 12:37 am

I have an expat friend living in Thailand and was due to fly BKK-MAN in April. He went to the Emirates office in Bangkok last week and was given a full refund as they said they do not know whe the flights will be able to resume.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Hi all, thanks for responding to my query and credit to Emirates for making the refund process really simple and expedient. Here's some data points. I used this page (being in the UK) for a refund:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...efund-request/

I used the 'Fully Unused Ticket' option for my flight ticket refund. It took about 10-15 minutes to complete the form accurately and then to double-check and triple-check it.I applied for my ticket refund on 25-Feb-2021 and got my refund notification on 28-Feb-2021. The money was put back on my credit card on 28-Feb-2021!

So data points for the flight refund (not the seat reservation refund)

25-Feb-2021 - Refund requested
28-Feb-2021 - Refund notification received from Emirates
28-Feb-2021 - Money appeared on my credit card

Just three days from start to finish is very, very impressive!

For my seat reservations costs to be refunded, I had to request another refund using the 'Seat selection' option on the refunds page. You will need an EMD number. This is contained in the PDF attached to your seat reservation email from Emirates. Data points for the seat reservation refund (so far):

28-Feb-2021 - Refund requested
04-Mar-2021 - Refund notification received from Emirates

I expect the money will appear on my credit card today or tomorrow, but I'm not too bothered as it's a low amount.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dingobingo
I tried that. For both sets it says:

Warning:

• There are no active segments in your booking at this time. Please contact Emirates for assistance
I have the same and its the keep your ticket option thats activated. Note EK dont seem to issue vouchers anymore, I intend to call EK once I have new dates in mind, https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...icket-options/
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Another Data point - I requested a refund from Emirates on Feb 28th and got notification on 5th March of refund - Was a business class special fare that was due to leave on Feb 12th but due to new UK regulations all flights to UK were canx.

Contrast this with Gulf Air - Booked business class ticket from DXB-BAH-LHR on Jan 28th as a safeguard to get back to the UK if needed. Canx on Jan 29th as decided not to bother going back to the UK, Gulf Air informed me it will take 60-90 Working days for a refund and a $180 USD fee. Of course GF blaming Covid - got Amex to do a charge back - I really hate airlines who are still blaming Covid as a reason to hang on to your money for extended periods of time
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
EK has updated its booking policy to benefit those who may be affected by the pandemic.

The new policy allows for an additional 12-month extension on tickets bought before September 30, 2020 with a travel date before or on December 31, 2021. This means that anyone who purchased tickets between those dates can now rebook for free to travel any time within 36 months of the original booking. The same policy will also apply to tickets purchased after October 1, 2020, with a travel date before or on December 31, 2021.

All tickets booked after April 1 this year will have automatic validity for travel for 24 months with the possibility to change the dates or ask for a refund at no extra charge. Fees for reissuing any ticket will be waived and vouchers may be refunded without penalty. That's really good news!

Emirates, one of the first airlines to provide “multi-risk” travel insurance for all passengers, also announced it will extend its coverage past March 31 until further notice. The insurance is automatic and included in the ticketing price.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/life...nths-1.1199729
mjmal51 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Wanderlust_65
EK has updated its booking policy to benefit those who may be affected by the pandemic.

The new policy allows for an additional 12-month extension on tickets bought before September 30, 2020 with a travel date before or on December 31, 2021. This means that anyone who purchased tickets between those dates can now rebook for free to travel any time within 36 months of the original booking. The same policy will also apply to tickets purchased after October 1, 2020, with a travel date before or on December 31, 2021.

All tickets booked after April 1 this year will have automatic validity for travel for 24 months with the possibility to change the dates or ask for a refund at no extra charge. Fees for reissuing any ticket will be waived and vouchers may be refunded without penalty. That's really good news!

Emirates, one of the first airlines to provide “multi-risk” travel insurance for all passengers, also announced it will extend its coverage past March 31 until further notice. The insurance is automatic and included in the ticketing price.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/life...nths-1.1199729
why do saver fares still show restrictions?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
why do saver fares still show restrictions?
Old May 3, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Award Tkt Cancellation: Was wondering if someone could tell me the current rules regarding a voluntary cancellation of an award redemption. I assume miles are redeposited to my account (any fee for that??)..... and what happens with the co-pay $. If it matters, the flights in question are for March/April 2022. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.