Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Masks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Masks

Im flying from Oz back to UK in 3 days. I have a cough ( its residual from a chest infection NOT coronavirus) but I want to do as much as I can to reassure fellow passengers that Im not contagious so will take plenty of throat soothers and wear a mask ( although I know masks have limited use, still, you have to make an effort) However, cant get a mask anywhere. Does anyone know if Emirates are giving any out? Or airports per se?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:30 am

Not to my knowledge.
Katykat likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: EK - Silver
nothing provided when i flew back from Bangkok on Monday
Katykat likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
They dont.
Katykat likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Katykat
Im flying from Oz back to UK in 3 days. I have a cough ( its residual from a chest infection NOT coronavirus) but I want to do as much as I can to reassure fellow passengers that Im not contagious so will take plenty of throat soothers and wear a mask ( although I know masks have limited use, still, you have to make an effort) However, cant get a mask anywhere. Does anyone know if Emirates are giving any out? Or airports per se?
One of the better uses of a mask is to prevent spraying germs (of whatever type) all over other people, so yours is a legitimate reason to try and source one.

If one doesn't want to catch something, a diving helmet or a space-suit is what you want
Katykat likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:35 pm

Postpone your flight. Don’t go with cough, even minor unless fully tested specially for Coronavirus and negative. I suggest to carry the letter with you onboard for any further questioning on your cough at this sensitive time.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:09 pm

Since your flying back home, I would say be aware EK may screen you more. They don’t have masks but ultimately your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t ie mask + cough = people think you have it anyway. I would suggest if its intermittent, just let crew know on boarding your fine but have a poor chest, will help with fears of others and just remember to have a pack of tissues and cough into the tissue and throw in the sick bag and stick bag in the bin on exiting
Katykat likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Thankfully, cough almost gone but packed plenty of soother sweets anyway. I now have a mask too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.