FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   How to get emirates on the phone? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2013335-how-get-emirates-phone.html)

nomiiiii Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am

How to get emirates on the phone?

Of course I understand phone systems will have long hold time (even hours) due to current virus, but I've been completely unable to get Emirates on the phone for the last 5-6 days.

Either the automated system says "we will call you back between 4 hours and 6 hours", so I pick the callback option, never get the callback. Tried this many many times
Or the automated system doesn't give callback option, so I keep my phone on hold all day (over 8 hours) while I do my work on the side etc - no one ever picks up and phone disconnects.

I'm calling the general emirates number 1 (800) 777-3999 . Is there a better number to get a human? My flight is now getting closer which needs a human emirates agent for some changes and I"m concerned i'll be completely unable to contact them.

DYKWIA Mar 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Do you have Twitter? I've not used it myself, but I know a couple of people who say they get great service from EK CS via Twitter.

Wanderlust_65 Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 32197919)
Of course I understand phone systems will have long hold time (even hours) due to current virus, but I've been completely unable to get Emirates on the phone for the last 5-6 days.

Either the automated system says "we will call you back between 4 hours and 6 hours", so I pick the callback option, never get the callback. Tried this many many times
Or the automated system doesn't give callback option, so I keep my phone on hold all day (over 8 hours) while I do my work on the side etc - no one ever picks up and phone disconnects.

I'm calling the general emirates number 1 (800) 777-3999 . Is there a better number to get a human? My flight is now getting closer which needs a human emirates agent for some changes and I"m concerned i'll be completely unable to contact them.

I had to hold the line for nearly 2 hours (Swiss Customer Service number) and had a lovely and extremely professional agent who rebooked my Oman flights without any fuss. Thank you Rita!

suley Mar 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Use the UK number for english, not as long

bebopforever Mar 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Press 1 for "travelling first or business class" even if you're not, and get connected right away.

ft101 Mar 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Two changes in past 3 days phoning UK number and connected quickly both times. The system recognised my number though which may have helped.

Will08 Mar 17, 2020 6:37 pm

If you have any friends with decent status you cold 'borrow' the skywards number for the prompt..

nomiiiii Mar 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Thanks everyone, someone finally picked up after 4 hours today! They were nice and courteous and fast.

Katykat Mar 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Refunding ticket

My relative in Australia was due to fly on 25/3. Aussies have now been told not to travel overseas for the foreseeable future. She cant get through to Emirates. She wants to request a refund not a postponement but first of all wants to know how much she would get back ( economy saver) . There is no option for this information, just to cancel the seat. Does anyone know any further details?

suley Mar 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Depends where she was traveling, EK will only refund for any locations it says the route is cancelled. Otherwise travel insurance may be your best bet if coverage exists

Katykat Mar 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Shes travelling to UK and that route is still operational. Its just the travel advice from the Aus government says not to travel overseas. Her insurance company are saying that coronavirus is not covered ( despite the fact that she took it out before the virus was around)

Zol Mar 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Use the online chat or Twitter, worst case she can do a free date change.

xobile Aug 31, 2022 11:21 am

Does Emirates have a dedicated phone number in the US for Gold members? Or is it only through the IVR? Calling the 3999 number keeps getting the 'due to the high number of calls right now, we are unable to answer your call at the moment.' UK line gets the same, I was able to get through with the Singapore number but it's still a long wait. There was no option in the IVR for gold members, even in the one time I got through to the US number.

ckaught78 Aug 31, 2022 11:36 am

when I get that I usually try calling back a few times and eventually get through

S.R Aug 31, 2022 1:40 pm

Just call the Dubai number, I always get through asap