Wiki Posts
Search

How to get emirates on the phone?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by S.R
Just call the Dubai number, I always get through asap
Dubai number would be great if it wasn't 14 cents a minute to call UAE. Etisalat needs its money.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
I am in the UK and have never had to wait more than a minute or so to be connected to an agent on the UK number. I am always surprised that they know who I am before I have given them any details - maybe it's because I was gold for a long time, now silver but should be gold again after my next trip.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:11 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by xobile
Dubai number would be great if it wasn't 14 cents a minute to call UAE. Etisalat needs its money.
Use Skype. Always works for me.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by JudeS
I am in the UK and have never had to wait more than a minute or so to be connected to an agent on the UK number. I am always surprised that they know who I am before I have given them any details - maybe it's because I was gold for a long time, now silver but should be gold again after my next trip.
As long as you use a phone you have used with them before, their system will recognise the number and link to your profile. Whereas calling from the UK normally connects to the UK call centre (it’s in Manchester, I believe), you may be connected to any other call centre but they’ll still recognise you by way of the phone number.
JudeS likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Use Skype. Always works for me.
Skype is 19 cents a minute to UAE. Even more expensive than Google Voice at 14. Point is, due to Etisalat's high connection fees, it's orders of magnitude more expensive than calling the lines of other countries that only cost 1 or 2 cents, via whichever app.

Calling UAE has always been that way, to all numbers in the country, and Etisalat hasn't lowered them in years, nor is likely to, seeing as how they block WhatsApp calling, so that people are forced to use them when they want to call family or friends. That or use the UAE spy app BOTIM, whose ties to the local intelligence agency were so evident, it called for a NY Times article on the subject.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:22 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Call the Australian number, you also get through instantly to HYD call center
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:41 pm

I called the us number this morning on the west coast, got right through to customer service but needed to transfer to a skywards person and hung up after 10min on hold, but when I called back later this afternoon I got through immediately. This has been my experience in general, sometimes good sometimes bad but not any worse and in most cases better than most US airlines call centers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.