Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Not allowed Arrival Fast track at BHX with Business Class ticket

Not allowed Arrival Fast track at BHX with Business Class ticket

Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
Yes they do, as part of premium packages.

Ryan Air dummy booking.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes they do, as part of premium packages.
Can you show me a link/proof? I've used RyanAir and EasyJet extensively, and I've never seen FastTrack immigration as an option. The RyanAir website only shows fastTrack security as an option - and that's what I've been offered.

Edit - again, please read the thread. We're not talking about FastTrack security.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Fair point in which case no wonder BHX dont allow it as they dont have the capacity for it and Fast Track would become slower than normal line! Equally if EK offered to buy all the £5 tickets for that hour the airport wouldn't say no!
Actually the airport would probably jump at it problem would be that the home office will not staff it so would take longer than economy
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:58 am

Ryan Air dummy booking.
That isnt fast track immigration on arrival, which is what this thread is about.
Silverswimmer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
So to return to the topic of fast track immigration , is that normally offered as standard in DXB with J tickets? I don't believe it is standard with any EU/US/Asian airlines outside F tickets.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
So to return to the topic of fast track immigration , is that normally offered as standard in DXB with J tickets? I don't believe it is standard with any EU/US/Asian airlines outside F tickets.
Yes, Fasttrack immigration is offered at DXB. It's now printed on the boarding pass of eligible passengers (F & J).
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes, Fasttrack immigration is offered at DXB. It's now printed on the boarding pass of eligible passengers (F & J).

And what about Manchester for arriving passengers?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll
And what about Manchester for arriving passengers?
you have to pay - I pay every time because we have a baby and can’t use the passport gates. Man is a lot quieter now since TC went bust and each time I’ve recently paid it’s been very quiet.

horrific airport...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:26 am

I agree about Manchester being a horrific airport they have no concept whatsoever of serving the customer a complete disgrace - I noticed last time I arrived there was a paid for fast track which is new but business class passengers are not allowed to use it.

could not believe once when I arrived there and there were no trains so had to use the coach that needed to pay a booking fee just to buy the ticket
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:32 am

Does anybody actually read the thread before posting?????
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Does anybody actually read the thread before posting?????
Most posts suggest that the answer to that one is 'NO'
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:58 am

No fast track for J at LGW as well, have to pay £10 to the airport (was £7 just a year back!). EK had started offering it to F passengers a few years ago but with F only one of the 3 daily flights, doesn't matter now. As it is, the walk from gate 110 to the immigration will want most passengers to sit down first rather than get into fast track. I use easyJet from LGW regularly and actually end up paying for fast track if my arrival is just after an EK flight.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by 678flyer
No fast track for J at LGW as well, have to pay £10 to the airport (was £7 just a year back!). EK had started offering it to F passengers a few years ago but with F only one of the 3 daily flights, doesn't matter now. As it is, the walk from gate 110 to the immigration will want most passengers to sit down first rather than get into fast track. I use easyJet from LGW regularly and actually end up paying for fast track if my arrival is just after an EK flight.
EK11 is usually (but not always) 2 class, EK 15 and 9 are 3 class (there might be the odd substitution), so I’m not sure what your reference to ‘F only one...’ is based on. Also the EK gate is now 558, which is a very short walk to immigration. According to the lounge agent on Tuesday, they are working on direct boarding from the lounge, which will be nice. At the moment it’s still a long detour through the general departure lounge (although no longer over the ‘bridge’)
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
EK11 is usually (but not always) 2 class, EK 15 and 9 are 3 class (there might be the odd substitution), so I’m not sure what your reference to ‘F only one...’ is based on. Also the EK gate is now 558, which is a very short walk to immigration. According to the lounge agent on Tuesday, they are working on direct boarding from the lounge, which will be nice. At the moment it’s still a long detour through the general departure lounge (although no longer over the ‘bridge’)
Thanks for the update. It has been a few months since I flew EK from LGW, had switched to LHR simply to avoid the walk. Time to try LGW again.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: EK Gold
Never in about 9 years of flying business with Emirates have I been able to use it on arrival at BHX, only departures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.