Check in time

Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Check in time

Is the 48hr check in rigid or can it be earlier. Got a flight Wednesday but a full on day Monday. I didnt really want to leave it too late as I dont have preferred seats..
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:11 am

It is 48 hours from the time of the flight, all you can do is set a meeting in your diary to avoid
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suley
It is 48 hours from the time of the flight, all you can do is set a meeting in your diary to avoid
thanks
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:12 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by suley
Just to add that you can check in to any connecting flight as well at that time (which will of course be more than 48 hours out).
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Just a heads up. Even though check in isnt open yet, I got up this morning to find that seat have been allocated already for the first 2 of 3 legs. They are not our ideal choice but when I tried to change them, Emirates want to bill us the same as if we chose them up front. So, if you want an exact choice, you have to pay. On one of the legs, we have window and middle. My OH gets a little jittery and really prefers an aisle seat. The aisle seat is available ( not too many free seats) but we now have to choose whether to pay to change, or gamble that the seat remains free. So, the talk that you can change seats for free at check in is wrong Im afraid.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
seats get auto allocated before check in - you can change for other non exit row seats for free on check in at T-48
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:10 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Katykat
Just a heads up. Even though check in isnt open yet, I got up this morning to find that seat have been allocated already for the first 2 of 3 legs. They are not our ideal choice but when I tried to change them, Emirates want to bill us the same as if we chose them up front. So, if you want an exact choice, you have to pay. On one of the legs, we have window and middle. My OH gets a little jittery and really prefers an aisle seat. The aisle seat is available ( not too many free seats) but we now have to choose whether to pay to change, or gamble that the seat remains free. So, the talk that you can change seats for free at check in is wrong Im afraid.
Hi Katykat. As check in hasn’t opened yet, grateful if you could come back and let us know what happens once check in opens and if you are able to change seats without a fee.

Many thanks

​​​​​​S
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Arrow

Originally Posted by m3red
seats get auto allocated before check in - you can change for other non exit row seats for free on check in at T-48
Then at T-3, exit row seats are available for free at the check in desk before becoming paid for onboard.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Just to add that you can check in to any connecting flight as well at that time (which will of course be more than 48 hours out).
Does this work if I am stopping over at dxb for more than 24 hours.?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi Katykat. As check in hasn’t opened yet, grateful if you could come back and let us know what happens once check in opens and if you are able to change seats without a fee.

Many thanks

​​​​​​S
Yes, I will when the Sing- Bne leg opens up
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Does this work if I am stopping over at dxb for more than 24 hours.?
It won't.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Many thanks

​​​​​​S
ok, wee checked in online before we set off for the first 2 legs of the journey. Stayed overnight at the Dubai International airport hotel ( very nice) We had boarding passes already for the 2 nd leg ( Dub- Sing) Sing - Bne still wasnt open. Stayed overnight at Sing Aerotel. Checkin didnt open until 3 hrs before the flight time, although seats were allocated 24 hrs prior. We didnt request a change as we were happy with the allocation ( seats D& E) . In fact on the 2nd & 3rd legs, the plane was only 25% full, so we actually had a full 4 seats each. YES, never happened before. Not expecting the same for the return journey though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.