Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK NOT waiving fees for US flights due to Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK NOT waiving fees for US flights due to Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: EK Plat
I have had two tickets affected by the cuts in Hong Kong service. I do sympathise with the OP with this situation as even if he books a TYO-HKG flight there is a possibility that gets cancelled too.

With one of my tickets, I cancelled and rerouted completely: originally EK F-CX J, now EY J or F if award space becomes available-RS Y. Bonus points if you did not have to look up RS... Arguably interesting to try out RS as cannot find much information on them.

The second ticket is the return leg of an open jaw/nested itineary and I have not worked out what to do with it. There is little point cancelling as the outbound is flown and I would not get anything worthwhile back. But I do effectively get a free change to one of the twenty or so destinations listed above within 28 days of date of travel, so trying to make up my mind where I'd like to go instead.

Am tempted by Cape Town - any thoughts? Also unsure if you are restricted to a change within your fare type (saver in this case) or whether you can choose anywhere provided there is availability in class of travel.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who wants to take a cruise around Asia now anyway. I can think of few things worse than being stuck on a ship for 14 days because one of the 3000 people aboard these floating villages has corona. Have you seen the footage from the ship in Yokohama?

EK won’t change the bookings because they don’t have to...full stop.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:55 am

Angry

American and Delta have announced cancellations, offered refunds and waived rebooking fees for JFK/MXP. Why hasn't Emirates followed?
I have travel booked in early April and would really like a refund or at least a year to use the paid fare for future travel (without having to specify dates now).

Last edited by bebopforever; Mar 1, 2020 at 11:24 am
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:21 pm

When will Emirates allow cancellation due to coronavirus?

When is Emirates going to step up?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:30 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by bebopforever
When is Emirates going to step up?
Perhaps consider booking AA and DL next time, I'm sure EK will be sad about losing your business.

And to add, the request of making your ticket an open ticket is ridiculous, there is no airline that offers this anyway.
thijsseh and DiamondMile like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.