Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New Roll Out Of Trolley Service in J

New Roll Out Of Trolley Service in J

Old Feb 23, 20, 4:18 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Iím on EK415 next week and connecting to EK5. I really hope I donít have the trolley experience. Cheapens the service imo.

OT: if you want to be served quickly on 388 in J either sit in row 7 or row 16, and usually the right side is ahead of the left.
Old Feb 24, 20, 12:26 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
I did COK-DXB and DXB-MAA last week, and it was the old style service with warm garlic bread
Old Feb 28, 20, 12:45 am

The new trolley service is only on medium to long haul sectors .
Old Feb 28, 20, 1:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Experienced this on LGW/DXB a few days ago. Although after reading about it, I was a bit sceptical, I thought the overall experience was positive. The only difference was that instead of walking from the galley to 9F, the FA took the table cloth, cutlery, wine glass ets from the trolley and put it on my tray table exactly as it would have been with the old service. Benefit was that the wine came at the same time as the meal. Same for the bread. I asked the FA if the garlic bread was warm . He confirmed that it was (and it was indeed).
Overall the service seemed quicker, which on a flight leaving at 20:30 was welcome.
Old Feb 28, 20, 7:49 am

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
Experienced this on LGW/DXB a few days ago. Although after reading about it, I was a bit sceptical, I thought the overall experience was positive. The only difference was that instead of walking from the galley to 9F, the FA took the table cloth, cutlery, wine glass ets from the trolley and put it on my tray table exactly as it would have been with the old service. Benefit was that the wine came at the same time as the meal. Same for the bread. I asked the FA if the garlic bread was warm . He confirmed that it was (and it was indeed).
Overall the service seemed quicker, which on a flight leaving at 20:30 was welcome.
Interesting. On my flight to the uk this week I monitored it - it actually took the same amount of time... so no real benefit over the old service to me. Perhaps a fluke.
Old Feb 28, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Nice to hear the wine service was at the same time. One of the biggest let downs in J is when you get the meal but the wine takes forever to get you and they also only do whites or reds per run so can take even longer. Sometimes I'm almost done eating by the time they come around.
SheldonB14 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Nice to hear the wine service was at the same time. One of the biggest let downs in J is when you get the meal but the wine takes forever to get you and they also only do whites or reds per run so can take even longer. Sometimes I'm almost done eating by the time they come around.
You need to load up at the bar prior to serving. Or fly F.
Old Mar 3, 20, 8:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
You need to load up at the bar prior to serving. Or fly F.
Fine on an A380 but not on the 777. Also, if they can manage to get you wine with your meal in Y, don't get why I should have to be in F to expect the same
Old Mar 4, 20, 12:02 pm

Programs: Whatever status they gifted me for 2021 because I flew only 20k miles and had 17 nights
I experienced the full trolley experience on the A380 recently and I have to say that it works better than the old way. As everyone has already mentioned, everything - wine, drinks, bread basket - seems to be far more in sync with the rest of the service. I was on a flight with the 3-course service and they brought the first course with the tray setup, poured wine and water, and then the rest (entree and desert) came out as you finished the appetizer course.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 1:38 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

After my (positive) experience on the A380 (see post #34 ), i was keen to see what would happen on my connecting 77W flight to CPT. Not keen enough however to decline the op-up I was served at the gate. At seat 2E there was no trolley to be spotted.
Maybe next time (29/3].
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 5:49 pm

Programs: Whatever status they gifted me for 2021 because I flew only 20k miles and had 17 nights
After my (positive) experience on the A380 (see post #34 ), i was keen to see what would happen on my connecting 77W flight to CPT. Not keen enough however to decline the op-up I was served at the gate. At seat 2E there was no trolley to be spotted.
Maybe next time (29/3].
You didn't turn your head to the towards the back and to the left enough
thijsseh and BadoRas like this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 1:59 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
You didn't turn your head to the towards the back and to the left enough
Is there something back there? I was wondering why during boarding people were walking past....
Metanoia, BadoRas and CazzieBo like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: