Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Transfer Of Amex Points To Skywards Family Account

Old Feb 1, 20, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

Thought I'll post in this thread instead of starting a new one.
Me and the missus have skywards accounts but we decided to start a family account as I fly much more than her.

I have some miles in my personal account from before we started the family account but the bulk of the miles are in the family account..

I was planning to transfer some points from Amex to skywards to plan for some upgrades.

I cannot see a separate membership number for the family account. So is it not possible to transfer miles into this ?

The alternative is to transfer the Amex points converted to skywards miles into my personal skywards account but I was trying to consolidate everything.
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Iím going to say it probably wonít work.

The hassle of delinking multiple Amex earning accounts to one Skywards account already is such a hassle that I canít see how Amex could possibly fathom an input that had more than the cardholders name on it.

What are the rules on transferring from your skywards account to a family account?
Old Mar 9, 20, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Iím going to say it probably wonít work.

The hassle of delinking multiple Amex earning accounts to one Skywards account already is such a hassle that I canít see how Amex could possibly fathom an input that had more than the cardholders name on it.

What are the rules on transferring from your skywards account to a family account?
Is it possible to use the miles from my own account and family around together?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: