Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UAworldwide
Latest Updates On The Emirates Website for COVID-19 Can Be Found Using The Following Link:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...tes.aspx/#3515

Updated Thursday 12th March 2020

IATA - Latest Travel News
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

Flights have been suspended to the following destinations (as of 12 March 2020)

Americas
  • Fort Lauderdale: 13 to 31 March
  • New York JFK – Milan: 11 March to 03 April
  • New York EWR – Athens: 13 March to 31 March
Europe
  • Venice: From 12 March - 03 April
  • Milan: From 13 March – 03 April
  • Bologna: From 13 March – 03 April
  • Rome: From 14 March – 03 April
  • Warsaw: From 15 March - 28 March
  • Turkey (IST/SAW): From 17 March - 31 March
Far East
  • Guangzhou: From 05 February until further notice
  • Shanghai: From 05 February until further notice
  • Bangkok - Hong Kong: From 9 March – 31 March
  • Taipei: From 16 March until further notice
Gulf, Middle East
  • Kuwait: From 14 March to 31 March
  • Tehran: From 26 February until further notice
  • Beirut: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Cairo: From 19 March to 31 March
  • Iraq: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Amman: From 17 March to 31 March
  • Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: From 09 March until further notice (except special flights from 12-15 March)
Africa
  • Casablanca: From 16 March - 31 March
Asia
  • Sialkot andPeshawar (Pakistan): From 15 March to 31 March, flights to/from Sialkot will be re-routed through Lahore, and flights to/from Peshawar will be rerouted through Islamabad. Affected customers will need to make their own way to rerouted airports and will receive an email with their rebooking details.

Rebooking and Refunds:

As detailed in the travel advisory using the Emirates link above

Dedicated Coronavirus Forum On FT

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Coronavirus - Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dan1113
So when you get denied entry for whatever reason, it's the airline who is responsible for getting you back?
Yes - but the airline will expect you to pay.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
It was reported that egates were closed, but they were open both on arrival and departure when I was there on Thursday and this morning.

Departing PEK was also nothing special, arrived 1.5h before dep - that 8h request is a joke.
Thanks, if they didn't hassle you coming from PEK then I would think Thailand would be similar.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:25 pm

Despite Italy surpassing every other country except China in Covid-19 deaths/total cases/new cases/ EK will not allow refunds, rebookings, waivers of any kind, for passengers traveling to Milan.
If you booked your ticket in February you're screwed until further notice.
If you're traveling to Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, UAE, Singapore you're taken care of.
Northern Italy is locked down but EK doesn't care about that.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: EK Pleb
Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I just noticed that the DXB-HKG rotation is now reduced to only one daily until the end of March, down to EK380/381 on 777-300ER. It was two when I last looked a couple of days ago,

EK384/385 rotation on an A380 (via BKK), apparently resuming 1 April.
Third rotation EK382/3 recommences 1 May.
Fourth rotation due back EK385/6 1 June.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:04 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Travel Restrictions By Country And Website Updates

EK have now removed their reference to specific country restrictions on their website.

Travel restrictions in place:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

Last updated: 9 March 2020, 16:29 Dubai (GMT+4)In response to the latest developments in the COVID-19 outbreak around the world, Emirates is taking extra steps that go above and beyond industry and regulatory requirements to ensure our customers’ health and comfort, and provide you with confidence and peace of mind when planning your travel.

We have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfection on all aircraft. Read more https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...pub=autodetect

We have implemented fee waivers for changes to bookings made on or before 31 March 2020, and are offering bonus tier miles and reduced tier travel requirement to help Skywards members retain their status. Find out more https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...eace-of-mind/?

Travel and immigration restrictions: Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. All customers are requested to check relevant travel advisories from and to the countries to which they are travelling. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure there are no entry restrictions at their travel destination. IATA Travel Centre provides a list of travel advisories relating to COVID-19 https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...pub=autodetect

We are experiencing high call volumes due to COVID-19. If you are not travelling in the next 72 hours please consider calling us later. We can usually answer your call quicker if you can speak to us in English.

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 9, 2020 at 9:59 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:15 pm

Does anyone know if the policy only allows date changes or if it also allows destination changes? Trying to ask by phone but nearly impossible to reach them...been on hold for ages.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Originally Posted by bebopforever
Despite Italy surpassing every other country except China in Covid-19 deaths/total cases/new cases/ EK will not allow refunds, rebookings, waivers of any kind, for passengers traveling to Milan.
If you booked your ticket in February you're screwed until further notice.
If you're traveling to Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, UAE, Singapore you're taken care of.
Northern Italy is locked down but EK doesn't care about that.
Preach it. I'm booked on MXP-JFK in F departing in 9 days. Every other part of my trip has been cancelled but I'm holding out on the hope I can get a cancellation waiver (booked through QF miles).
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:50 pm

Got through to them. Destination can be changed too. New generous policy does NOT apply if you booked via a different site/travel agent, apparently? Surely they would apply as they would be given these same conditions?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:12 pm

Seems they have changed policy again, @dan113 I would say if its booked via agent, agent should be able to make changes without charge. Probably had too many complaints and revenue being affectedREFUNDS AND REBOOKING POLICY

Refunds and rebooking conditions for customers impacted due to travel restrictions imposed by the affected countries
  • Ticketed to travel till 31st May
  • Rebook permitted up till 30th June
  • Reroute permitted up till 30th Jun to selected destinations only. Applicable fare difference if any would apply.
  • Travel Vouchers for ticketed value.
  • Refund of unutilised tickets

Customers impacted due to flight cancellations (not including Iran)
  • Ticketed for travel till 31st March
  • Reroute permitted up till 30th Jun to selected destinations only. Applicable fare difference if any would apply.
  • Travel Vouchers for ticketed value
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by suley
Seems they have changed policy again, @dan113 I would say if its booked via agent, agent should be able to make changes without charge. Probably had too many complaints and revenue being affectedREFUNDS AND REBOOKING POLICY

Refunds and rebooking conditions for customers impacted due to travel restrictions imposed by the affected countries

Despite what that says on Emirates' website, an Emirates agent just now totally contradicted those terms (with an attitude) saying refunds for flights to MXP from JFK are not permitted, only waivers for change fees, but new travel dates have to be submitted by March 31. Nervermind that IATA just posted this:ITALY – published 09.03.2020

1.Passengers traveling as tourists are not allowed to enter via airports in below listed areas.
2.Passengers arriving at airports in below listed areas, are allowed to enter if they are traveling on business, for health reasons, in an emergency or if they reside in one of these areas. A completed “Self-declaration" form must be presented upon arrival.
- Areas: Alessandria, Asti, Lombardy, Modena, Novara, Padova, Parma, Pesaro and Urbino, Piacenza, Reggio Emilia, Rimini, Treviso-Venice, Verbano – Cusio - Ossola and Vercelli.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by suley

I have a booking via Amex this weekend to HKG, just called to try to make a free change, no go, the agent was well aware of these rules right from the get go. No biggie for me, I just wanted to fly back to STN in the 777 new F again rather than A380 into LHR.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Egates closed on arrival this morning...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Egates closed on arrival this morning...
thanks for letting us know, how long did the regular queue take you? I'm on a redeye tonight. Egates were open just 3d ago...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:53 am

Do these new policies mean any booking can be cancelled in exchange for a voucher, like what Qatar is doing? Or is it only to highly affected countries like Italy and South Korea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.