Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Anyone else at DXB today? [Jan 11th 2020]

Anyone else at DXB today? [Jan 11th 2020]

Old Jan 11, 20, 3:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Economy Class
Programs: EK Platinum
Posts: 210
Anyone else at DXB today? [Jan 11th 2020]

Cloud seeding went a bit too far....

I'm at the F lounge in case anyone is stuck and wants to be guested in.
Tanzguy likes this.

Last edited by Saltire74; Jan 20, 20 at 8:02 am Reason: Adding date to title
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 3:45 am
  #2  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 14,473
A bit of rain?
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:04 am
  #3  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,723
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
A bit of rain?

Dubai Airports advisory for flight disruptions and congested roads due to heavy rainfall at DXB. Never rains put pours, it would appear... Will be there Tuesday around 1am for a relatively short (1:40) connection. Should be dry then.
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 4:53 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: EK Plat
Posts: 147
I was. Total sh*tshow. Decided to stay in Dubai overnight instead and flying tomorrow morning.

There was a guy in economy with no status at the B FCL insisting that Emirates book him into the airport hotel until 18 January when he would then return home because he missed his onward connection.
Lkaroo is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 5:01 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Economy Class
Programs: EK Platinum
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by Lkaroo View Post
I was. Total sh*tshow. Decided to stay in Dubai overnight instead and flying tomorrow morning.

There was a guy in economy with no status at the B FCL insisting that Emirates book him into the airport hotel until 18 January when he would then return home because he missed his onward connection.
18 Jan

Just getting to DXB was a challenge for me with SZR being closed off. Rain is apparently expected until tomorrow morning so hope your flight is on time. Especially since there will be quite the domino effect in ac planning...
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:49 am
  #6  
nwe
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Cloud seeding went a bit too far....

I'm at the F lounge in case anyone is stuck and wants to be guested in.
Heading in this evening and only a lowly Gold here. But hopefully you're out by then!
nwe is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 10:57 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Programs: BA, AF, Emirates Silver
Posts: 163
We are waiting at Durban. Delayed from 1910 until 2200 and will have 90 minutes to catch the 0940 to LHR. We may make it but will our baggage? Fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited by Shingi; Jan 11, 20 at 11:07 am
Shingi is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 1:32 pm
  #8  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,723
Originally Posted by Shingi View Post
We are waiting at Durban. Delayed from 1910 until 2200 and will have 90 minutes to catch the 0940 to LHR. We may make it but will our baggage? Fingers crossed 🤞
90 minutes? Plenty, you’ll be fine and so will be your luggage.
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 8:34 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Economy Class
Programs: EK Platinum
Posts: 210
I made it out of DXB with a 90 minute delay. When I left, ek17, 7am departure into MAN, still hadn't left 9 hours (!) Later...

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
90 minutes? Plenty, you’ll be fine and so will be your luggage.
Plus, EK29 will be delayed anyway
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 11, 20, 11:02 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Economy Class
Programs: EK Platinum
Posts: 210
More rain expected on Tuesday - Wednesday apparently, I'm scheduled to fly again on Thursday so let's see if this circus repeats itself again..
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:55 am
  #11  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,723
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
More rain expected on Tuesday - Wednesday apparently, I'm scheduled to fly again on Thursday so let's see if this circus repeats itself again..
Oh dear, for my own sake I hope it only starts later on Tuesday. Arriving from CPT at 01:10, leaving for LGW 02:50
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:45 am
  #12  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 14,473
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
I made it out of DXB with a 90 minute delay. When I left, ek17, 7am departure into MAN, still hadn't left 9 hours (!) Later...


Only 15 and a half hours late... There must be more to this than bad weather? EK19 was only 6 hours late, so landed before EK17.

I wonder if that passengers were on board EK17 for some of the waiting time?
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:51 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Economy Class
Programs: EK Platinum
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post


Only 15 and a half hours late... There must be more to this than bad weather? EK19 was only 6 hours late, so landed before EK17.

I wonder if that passengers were on board EK17 for some of the waiting time?
No, I don't believe they were as the gate kept changing. I'm 99% sure this really was just because of the rain, probably inbound AC was late / crew scheduling - related.

My flight also arrived before the flight scheduled before mine did... it really was a complete zoo yesterday.
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 3:56 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Posts: 2,357
Just asking out of curiosity , would the passengers of the flight delayed from the UK get EU compensation?
ukdoctor is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:21 pm
  #15  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 14,473
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
Just asking out of curiosity , would the passengers of the flight delayed from the UK get EU compensation?
Doubtful, as its weather related. The amount of rain was extraordinary in every sense of the word
zsc likes this.
DYKWIA is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: