Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2020 (incl Route Rumours)

Emirates Wishlist for 2020 (incl Route Rumours)

Old Jan 16, 20, 8:56 pm
  #16  
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,737
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
A city in Malaysia that starts with a P will be announced as a new route next week.
You mean state?
Zol is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 10:07 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,821
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
A city in Malaysia that starts with a P will be announced as a new route next week.
As a straightforward return flight or as an add-on or triangular route?
ft101 is offline  
Old Jan 16, 20, 10:57 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CGK/LAX
Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Posts: 1,136
Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
We were leaving one for you to do..........

And still waiting on SUB
SUB would be nice......
Saltire74 likes this.
gpeso8 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:30 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 453
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
As a straightforward return flight or as an add-on or triangular route?
Flights will start last week of March.

Triangular route through a neighbouring country that just had one of its multi sector flights cut.
iFlyMoreThanYou is online now  
Old Jan 17, 20, 12:31 pm
  #20  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Flights will start last week of March.

Triangular route through a neighbouring country that just had one of its multi sector flights cut.
Is this a quiz? If so, what is the prize?
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 8:59 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,821
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Flights will start last week of March.

Triangular route through a neighbouring country that just had one of its multi sector flights cut.
Well BKK recently lost the Aus/NZ add on and SIN lost at least one Aus route. Yangon to Phnom Penh was also closed down last year so I'm not much further forward.
ft101 is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:20 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 453
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Well BKK recently lost the Aus/NZ add on and SIN lost at least one Aus route. Yangon to Phnom Penh was also closed down last year so I'm not much further forward.
The country is a city too ( I think )
iFlyMoreThanYou is online now  
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:27 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SIN
Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Posts: 660
Faster pace of game changer F refits

Move more FZ ops to DWC permanently to alleviate DXB runway/ slots situation

Rearrange South America to:
4x weekly SCL tag to GIG
3x weekly LIM tag to GIG
4x weekly EZE tag to GRU
5x weekly GRU terminator

Introduce SUB which is way overdue, perhaps can start with 4x weekly

Introduce AGP, definitely not right for EK to only serve 2 Spanish destinations when it serves 2 Portuguese destinations

Introduce second daily to LAX with one stop somewhere in Europe and continue to allow Europe stopovers on cheap fares

Introduce JTR although this can be FZ, perhaps 4x weekly

Reduce some low yield CMB frequencies

Replace HEL and ALA FZ service with mainline EK service

Replace ATH-EWR with a third daily nonstop JFK

Last edited by Unionruler; Jan 17, 20 at 9:34 pm
Unionruler is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:58 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 670
Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
Faster pace of game changer F refits

Move more FZ ops to DWC permanently to alleviate DXB runway/ slots situation

Rearrange South America to:
4x weekly SCL tag to GIG
3x weekly LIM tag to GIG
4x weekly EZE tag to GRU
5x weekly GRU terminator

Introduce SUB which is way overdue, perhaps can start with 4x weekly

Introduce AGP, definitely not right for EK to only serve 2 Spanish destinations when it serves 2 Portuguese destinations

Introduce second daily to LAX with one stop somewhere in Europe and continue to allow Europe stopovers on cheap fares

Introduce JTR although this can be FZ, perhaps 4x weekly

Reduce some low yield CMB frequencies

Replace HEL and ALA FZ service with mainline EK service

Replace ATH-EWR with a third daily nonstop JFK
I think EK with AGP missed the boat.
Diificult for them now to fly a wide body in.

RAK as new dest would present an opportunity, however I understand political problems have gotten in way.
ElJudioErrante is offline  
Old Jan 17, 20, 11:04 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 670
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
The country is a city too ( I think )
So SIN(unlikely) or HKG then? MFM maybe? BWN?
ElJudioErrante is offline  
Old Jan 18, 20, 3:22 am
  #26  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,070
Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
Faster pace of game changer F refits
There are no refits planned as far as I am aware...
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Jan 18, 20, 8:08 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 453
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
So SIN(unlikely) or HKG then? MFM maybe? BWN?
Really didnt mean for it to be so cryptic - it's SIN.
iFlyMoreThanYou is online now  
Old Jan 18, 20, 10:58 am
  #28  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,070
So, Penang via Singapore?
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Jan 18, 20, 12:12 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 573
Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
Rearrange South America to:
4x weekly SCL tag to GIG
3x weekly LIM tag to GIG
4x weekly EZE tag to GRU
5x weekly GRU terminator

Introduce second daily to LAX with one stop somewhere in Europe and continue to allow Europe stopovers on cheap fares

Replace ATH-EWR with a third daily nonstop JFK
Don't know if it makes economical sense of those tag-on flights. Crew layover time and costs are very high in comparison to such low yield markets (e.g. South America) with only a few weekly frequencies and small aircraft (e.g. B77L). Don't know if EK has 5th freedom rights and how the yields on such tag on flights are.

On the other side ATH-EWR seems to be a very good route. A lot of Greeks in the US without any proper connection since Olympic insolvency. DL and UA only operate seasonal flights.

DXB-Europe-LAX with cheap fares? What sense does it make for EK as they won't earn anything and there are a lot of nonstop flights Europe-LAX.

In general I would prefer EK offering nonstop flights with in a range up to 15-18 hours and less tag-on flights.

In case a certain destination cannot be covered by EK, a proper Code Share with a regional airline has to be established with EK offering flights to their hub (e.g. DXB-GRU or DXB-BOG with onward connection with Avianca or Gol to destination like Quito, LIM, SCL).
EK77W is offline  
Old Jan 18, 20, 6:00 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,821
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
So, Penang via Singapore?
DXB-PEN-SIN-DXB triangle.
ft101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: