Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates A380 Economy Seat Selection (2 adults and 1 baby)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

My wife and daughter (9 months old) are about to have our first Emirates and our first A380 flight.

I bought an economy saver ticket for DXB-DME and although it said paid seat selection during the buying process, once I bought it, I get free seat selection and I also get free bulkhead seat selection (due to the baby I guess) - is this normal? Changed already a few times and it saves without any problems.

Although I have been scavenging through FT, SeatGuru, Reddit, etc, I can't seem to find any recommendations for:
1. Which "cabin" in the A380 economy section would you guys recommend? Only one blog post I found said something regarding this matter (the rear most cabin is the smallest so with fewer people, it is also generall the quietest).
2. If not for bulkhead (we prefer movable armrests)/emergency exit (can't with a baby) and the extra legroom seats at 68A, 68K, 81A, 81K, what would be a good seating strategy?

Based on the suggestion that the aft-most section is the quietest and trying to avoid toilet/galley/other babies, we decided to go with 84H and 84K (hoping no one will take 84J so we will have the row to ourselves).

However this seems awfully far back. Is it that much noisier in the 52-65 section or 67-79 section?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Because of the baby, you got free seat selection. While I like the front mini-cabin the best, anywhere where you can get the seats you want will work best.

I also strongly, strongly don't recommend leaving the middle empty. That is almost a guarantee to get someone placed there who checked in at the airport rather than ahead. But, I know people play that game all of the time. Sure, if the flight is low load, you can get a row to yourself (but that seems best done at the counter).
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:01 am

If you like extra legroom, go for 45D (or G) for yourself and the bassinet next to it. These seats have the extra room due to the row being wider than the staircase going up so your legs go alongside it. Take the D seat and you're next to the purser's office which is under these stairs. Unfortunately they've fixed armrests.

Not all frames have extra legroom at 81 A and K and when they do it's chargeable, as are 68 A and K.

Don't leave an empty seat with the view you'll swap out if it becomes occupied - it's considered selfish as it may be condemning someone to a middle unecessarily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.