Ek385 bkk-dxb

Old Dec 28, 19, 5:31 am
Gus
Original Poster

Ek385 bkk-dxb

Well I have taken the plunge and booked my first EK flight, and it is in Business class from Birmingham to Bangkok and return.

I have just viewed on Youtube an early morning EK flight from BKK, this was a 777 and the blogger was far from impressed with his flight.

Just a quickie, with my flight EK385 departing BKK at 0105 hrs is there just the one meal service an hour or so before landing in Dubai? Presumably if this is the case then there are the usual snacks available at the bar of the A380 and also the opportunity to have a meal in the EK lounge at Suvarnabhumi.
TIA
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:00 am

385 is almost certainly going to be a 2 class A380.

There will be one meal - menu should be on the website.

A sector for sleep more than anything: better to eat in the lounge at BKK (or of course in town).
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Well I have taken the plunge and booked my first EK flight, and it is in Business class from Birmingham to Bangkok and return.

I have just viewed on Youtube an early morning EK flight from BKK, this was a 777 and the blogger was far from impressed with his flight.

Just a quickie, with my flight EK385 departing BKK at 0105 hrs is there just the one meal service an hour or so before landing in Dubai? Presumably if this is the case then there are the usual snacks available at the bar of the A380 and also the opportunity to have a meal in the EK lounge at Suvarnabhumi.
TIA
I saw that YouTube review, which seemed a bit harsh. I would not have expected a dinner service on a flight leaving at 2am, but I was surprised that there were no ‘light bites’, which is more or less the norm for flights of that distance, I would have thought. As a result, and out of curiosity, I looked at the J catering for all flights on that route and they are all ‘1 meal only’. So one needs to prepare for that and eat in the lounge. And of course on the A380 there are snacks in the bar / lounge on board.
You can see exactly what you’ll get (on any flight, including the BHX one) by visiting the fourth (?) tab on the website ‘what’s on your flight’ and entering route and date. This seems more reliable than the similar option under ‘management my booking’.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: QF WP
I’m guessing this one?

2 thoughts
1) bloggers are often drama queens. Comments like “same as economy or premium economy” just demonstrate that they’re so totally out of touch with what Y/W is like
2) says meal is inedible having very clearly eaten half of it 🙄

OP. You’ll be fine. Don’t skip eating before you get on the plane, aim to maximise sleep on board. Don’t forget you’ll have lounge access in DXB as well
thijsseh, Dambus, trooper and 2 others like this.

Last edited by nancypants; Dec 28, 19 at 8:34 am
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: EK iO
This flight is usually just over 6 hours. With the captain PA about an hour before landing, that leaves you with 5 hours of time to sleep. Meal service usually takes roughly 2 hours, so if you do decide to eat, you only get 3 hours of shuteye. Eat in the lounge or in town.
thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Dec 28, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Shame you didn't do what I always do as I hate short night flights
We always take EK385 @ 09.30 out of BKK connecting to EK37 @ 14.50 to BHX
Never mind,perhaps next time
SS
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 28, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
I’m guessing this one?
https://youtu.be/vVSAZ6ZAEYI

2 thoughts
1) bloggers are often drama queens. Comments like “same as economy or premium economy” just demonstrate that they’re so totally out of touch with what Y/W is like
2) says meal is inedible having very clearly eaten half of it 🙄

OP. You’ll be fine. Don’t skip eating before you get on the plane, aim to maximise sleep on board. Don’t forget you’ll have lounge access in DXB as well
sae this video and agreed that it’s a click bait plus over the top complaining
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 28, 19, 6:07 pm
Gus
Original Poster

Thanks for all the helpful advice BM's.
I did think about the 0930 am flight but I am staying in Hua Hin and having a Taxi to BKK, with the 0930 flight I would have to leave HH a day earlier and book a hotel close to Suvarnabhumi.
My main task was to book A380 flights on all 4 legs, now i know the score I will snack at BKK have a nightcap on 385 then have a nice sleep.
Once again, many thanks.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 29, 19, 2:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm Club, AS MVP, EK Skywards Blue, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold Elite
I like to fly EK7210, a codeshare on TG517. Depart BKK at the civilised hour of 1640 and arrive at DXB at the still civilised hour of 2030. Operated with an A350 it is very comfortsble and I have never seen it more than 30% full. Can't remember the meals on 7210/517 but 7211/518 (the return) definitely has two.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: