Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New "Emirates Skyward" Everyday App

Old Dec 8, 19, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Emirates has a new app that you can collect points (1 AED for every 3 AED you spend) for shopping, dining and services in Dubai, including the liquor stores 😄

"Hello XXXXXX now you can boost your Skywards Miles balance in real time with Skywards Everyday. Download the app and watch your Miles balance grow. Earn 1 Mile for every AED 3 you spend at our shopping, dining, leisure and entertainment, and beauty and wellness partners. You also earn 1 Mile for every AED 5 you spend with our grocery partners. Itís that easy to earn Miles and get closer to your next reward"

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Dec 8, 19 at 7:15 am
Old Dec 8, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: Skywards
Yep i used it earlier this week but its a little dated in a sense that you have to hand your phone over to the person behind the counter and they dont have a clue so a manager steps in and punches some data into your phone (transaction id and store ID i assume) and hands the phone back to you. Im sure a dedicated QR code or a bar code would solve this which would make it quick and simple.

also, theres only a limited no of retail outlets that are actually accepting it. I used it at the costa at Emirates HQ and tried to use it in Dubai Mall but very verrry few places accepted it.

Old Dec 8, 19, 10:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I tried to use at Costa yesterday - massive fail.

wont be a success until they use QR codes.
Old Dec 9, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y View Post
tried to use it in Dubai Mall but very verrry few places accepted it.
For Dubai Mall, recommend using the Dubai Mall app where you can Skywards miles for any spend over AED 100 (shopping or F&B or whatever). Easy points to get. You just take a photo of the receipt.
Old Dec 9, 19, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by extramileage View Post
For Dubai Mall, recommend using the Dubai Mall app where you can Skywards miles for any spend over AED 100 (shopping or F&B or whatever). Easy points to get. You just take a photo of the receipt.
That's the app I use at the Dubai Mall. Submitted two receipts from the White Friday Sales. Plus, the app works wonders for locating stores in the mall.
Old Dec 9, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Can non residents use the dubai mall app while visiting dubai?
Old Dec 9, 19, 12:11 pm

Like Global Adventurer and extramileage I downloaded the Dubai Mall app and earn some miles whilst shopping. The miles transfer to the Skywards a/c is fast, really easy and not complicated at all.

I have downloaded the new Everyday app and will test it during my next Dubai visit.

Last edited by Wanderlust_65; Dec 9, 19 at 12:21 pm
Old Dec 9, 19, 12:26 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
Can non residents use the dubai mall app while visiting dubai?
yep sure can, tried and tested 👍🏽
Old Dec 9, 19, 10:14 pm

Programs: EK Platinum
Another data point: the girls at Costa EGHQ this morning had no idea about this app either... I agree with m3red, until they use QR codes this will be painful to use.
Old Dec 9, 19, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Another data point: the girls at Costa EGHQ this morning had no idea about this app either... I agree with m3red, until they use QR codes this will be painful to use.
Were they able to apply your purchase to your skyward account eventually? I'm in Dubai through February and plan on using it at neighborhood grocery stores they have listed, and the government liquor store for New year's eve.
Old Dec 9, 19, 11:27 pm

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post
Were they able to apply your purchase to your skyward account eventually? I'm in Dubai through February and plan on using it at neighborhood grocery stores they have listed, and the government liquor store for New year's eve.
Only through a manager, but she wasn't there at the time and I was in a rush so I just gave up.
Old Dec 10, 19, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Only through a manager, but she wasn't there at the time and I was in a rush so I just gave up.
Thanks 😞

Search this Thread
Search Engine: