Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK 004 - updated A380 cabin with new IFE??

Old Dec 4, 19, 8:38 am
Original Poster

I'm flying on EK 004 on Friday evening from LHR at around 20:20 on the A380 to DXB. Now does anyone know if this A380 cabin has been fitted with the newer IFE systems?

I need to know as I was unlucky to fly on the A380 with the older IFE last year on the slightly later evening flight from LHR. Have to say the old IFE ICE system is a horror show. Outdated, clunky and not very responsive, compared to the new screens/IFE which are incredible and easily the best of any airline. I had the same issue with Singapore Airlines in Oct this year when I flew with their older A380 with the older cabin. This IFE was possibly even worse than the old Emirates one - ultra slow, old, clunky and for almost 13 hour flight (LON - SIN) it wasn't a great experience. Not what I'm expecting from an airline that has such a stellar reputation. EMBARRASSING in my opinion.
Old Dec 4, 19, 9:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
There is no way to know until the day of departure which aircraft will operate which flights.

On the day of departure you can check flightradar to see which aircraft is operating the incoming corresponding flight from DXB-LHR and then you will see if its new or old

Search this Thread
Search Engine: