Wiki Posts
Search

6 Bassinet Seats in F??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
6 Bassinet Seats in F??

I'm headed to Brisbane from London in F shortly with Mrs PK. and back a couple of weeks later. We prefer to sit next to each other if possible and have never had any issue selecting a pair of middle seats in the past. On both flights between LHR and DXB this was no problem but on both flights between DXB and BNE all 6 centre seats were shown as vacant but bassinet seats and as such unavilable for selection. (Expert Flyer showed the seats as blocked, not occupied) The rest of the cabin has filled up gradually. I kept an eye on it but nothing changed. A couple of weeks before departure I was planning to call up and see if we could move but in the 24 hours before doing so all six seats on bith flightys changed from showing as vacant bassinet seats to being occupied.

It really doesn't matter as we can cope without awkward hand holding through the partition but it just seemed a bit odd especially as both outward and return flights flights showed the same change.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:42 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
All you had to do was call and they would’ve assigned you the seats. Not sure why you waited. I’ve done this many times for blocked seats.
As to why EK blocks so many seats, who knows.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I'm headed to Brisbane from London in F shortly with Mrs PK. and back a couple of weeks later. We prefer to sit next to each other if possible and have never had any issue selecting a pair of middle seats in the past. On both flights between LHR and DXB this was no problem but on both flights between DXB and BNE all 6 centre seats were shown as vacant but bassinet seats and as such unavilable for selection. (Expert Flyer showed the seats as blocked, not occupied) The rest of the cabin has filled up gradually. I kept an eye on it but nothing changed. A couple of weeks before departure I was planning to call up and see if we could move but in the 24 hours before doing so all six seats on bith flightys changed from showing as vacant bassinet seats to being occupied.

It really doesn't matter as we can cope without awkward hand holding through the partition but it just seemed a bit odd especially as both outward and return flights flights showed the same change.
And they won’t move people either if they are occupied and you do have a baby
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:14 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red
And they won’t move people either if they are occupied and you do have a baby
Realy? I have on a few occasions asked to be allocated a bassinet seat via the call centre and then was informed that they would give me the seat but that I would be moved if a bassinet was needed. That was in J, not F but would the ‘rule’ be different there?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Realy? I have on a few occasions asked to be allocated a bassinet seat via the call centre and then was informed that they would give me the seat but that I would be moved if a bassinet was needed. That was in J, not F but would the ‘rule’ be different there?
Apparently so. Row 3 is the “designated” seats for infants in F but all centre pairs have the facility (not that we use it as he’s too big) but it would be helpful to sit together.

oh well the whole cabin will have to deal with him 😂
Bouncingsouls likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.