FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Service A380 J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1997281-service-a380-j.html)

hamcan Nov 28, 2019 2:41 am

Service A380 J

I will be on a 380 in J the first time, EK302 DXB - PVG departing 03.10 am. The menue shows both snack and breakfast items. I do take it that there is no dine on demand, so what do I have to expect regarding meal service? A snack after take off and breakfast before arrival? Or the other way round?
Sure someone of the expert here can give me a short briefing, many thanks in advance!

ft101 Nov 28, 2019 3:28 am

They'll be served in the order listed on the menu.

Will08 Nov 28, 2019 5:43 am

Originally Posted by hamcan (Post 31784730)
I will be on a 380 in J the first time, EK302 DXB - PVG departing 03.10 am. The menue shows both snack and breakfast items. I do take it that there is no dine on demand, so what do I have to expect regarding meal service? A snack after take off and breakfast before arrival? Or the other way round?
Sure someone of the expert here can give me a short briefing, many thanks in advance!

I would say eat before you get on board as the food is pretty average at best, however, you have an awkward flight time for that. It is really difficult to detail how the service will be as can vary significantly from flight to flight - mainly depending on the flight loads and whether or not you have a party crew or a working crew serving you.

You do of course have the bar at the back where not long after take off there will be baskets with sandwiches, nuts, mnms, a variety of cakes etc..

JamesKidd Nov 28, 2019 8:35 am

Originally Posted by hamcan (Post 31784730)

I agree with Will08, I would rather eat at the lounge. At that time, I would be looking to maximize my sleep. I occasionally take similar timed flight to LHR, and eat at lounge and sleep on board.

Saltire74 Nov 28, 2019 8:45 am

It was a couple of years ago but the flight departure time is similar to the DXB-PEK flight. From memory, it’s a snack type meal and fill in your order for breakfast before landing. I imagine the PVG flight would be similar service.

I would eat in the lounge beforehand to try and maximise sleep onboard.

Emirates367 Nov 30, 2019 7:46 am

Never flown EK302, but have flown EK366 a few times over the years, which departs a little later at 03:40. It was always a snack after take off, and breakfast before landing. I assume the service to be the same for all the flights bound for far east in the same departure bank.
And I always eat in the lounge and skip the snack to maximize sleep. Quite a few people have done the same during my flights.