Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Compensation for broken IFE in First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Hi - IFE was broken on flight DXB to LHR in First (booked with cash) meaning nothing would play at all. Staff were great as always and said they would be in contact but just wondered what would be deemed appropriate compensation since have not experienced this before.

PS I'm Skywards Gold in case that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by stb1001
Hi - IFE was broken on flight DXB to LHR in First (booked with cash) meaning nothing would play at all. Staff were great as always and said they would be in contact but just wondered what would be deemed appropriate compensation since have not experienced this before.

PS I'm Skywards Gold in case that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice.
10k-20k miles
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
About 4 years ago I received 30k for faulty IFE in first on a DUB—DXB leg. System kept crashing and the controller (was one of old style squarish touch pads) would show a windows-like directory of yellow folder icons. YMMV
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thought it only fair to Emirates to say they have addressed my complaint in the most sincere and professional way. I suppose my only desire was that someone listened and empathised, and awarded a fair compensatory offering which they did (similar to the amounts listed above). If only all customer service departments worked this way. Talk about turning around a relatively negative situation into a positive one.

Nice job Emirates
thijsseh and Saltire74 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I received 30k for no ICE in 1st DXB/BKK on 777.
No claim put in-the Purser did it for us.
SS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.