Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Gold benefits when flying on a QF (BA) Avios reward booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold; BAEC Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Plat

Hi All,

I'm hoping my searches through the FT forums have not failed me, but I wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience of using their EK Gold status benefits when flying with QF on BAEC Avios reward bookings.

We have our long awaited delayed honeymoon booked over Christmas and New Year to Australia, Fiji and New Zealand, and we have EK F flights for the LHR-BNE-LHR . We have then used Avios to book the majority of our internal Australia flights to take us to Melbourne, Sydney, and then Auckland back to Brisbane before we fly back to the UK.

QF MMB has our BAEC numbers added, which I am unable to change, however, I can present my EK Gold card at check in.

My wife is not a light traveler, and we generally use the majority of our 50kg + 16kg allowance each for the long haul flights.

I am only interested in whether we would also be eligible for the 16kg additional allowance as EK Gold on the QF Avios reward flights, as we are already booked in J for these, so lounge access/priority boarding/baggage does not matter. (Sorry for being unable to post the link from the EK site on EK Gold benefits when flying with QF due to not meeting the 5 post threshold.)

Any experiences my fellow FT'ers could provide on this would be really appreciated!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
You'd get lounge access on domestic flights in Australia I believe. Can't comment on the luggage. You'd need to have your EK numbers on the flights
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You'd get lounge access on domestic flights in Australia I believe. Can't comment on the luggage. You'd need to have your EK numbers on the flights
I think its actually no benefits, because the BA FF number is on the boarding pass and the QF staff need the EK number on it instead, simply flashing the EK member card doesn't work, and furthermore the ground staff claim they cant' change the FF number on award tickets. That as my experience anyway, OP might get a better experience than me so good luck.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
I think its actually no benefits, because the BA FF number is on the boarding pass and the QF staff need the EK number on it instead, simply flashing the EK member card doesn't work, and furthermore the ground staff claim they cant' change the FF number on award tickets. That as my experience anyway, OP might get a better experience than me so good luck.
As I said, they'd need the EK number on the flights
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Gold; BAEC Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by MT_Switch
Thanks for your response on your experience. I'll report back on my luggage experience. The BA avios awards are in J anyway, so I should be able to access the lounges.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:32 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
If you are in Domestic J then EK Gold won't add any value. You would anyway have lounge access and the luggage allowance is the same anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.