Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

UK apparently bans EK shower spa attendants

UK apparently bans EK shower spa attendants

Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm 99% certain they don't do anything related to meals.
Perhaps you were thinking of Business or First, but in Economy, I have seen them help the FAs reload trays on their cart while doing service as well as help clean-up meal trash from passengers at every service. Whether or not this is supposed to be what they do, I am unsure.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rasheed
Perhaps you were thinking of Business or First, but in Economy, I have seen them help the FAs reload trays on their cart while doing service as well as help clean-up meal trash from passengers at every service. Whether or not this is supposed to be what they do, I am unsure.
He does t fly Y.

Ive never seen them anywhere except at the top of the stairs
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
He does t fly Y.

Ive never seen them anywhere except at the top of the stairs
Absolutely my experience too. They are always to be found at the top of the stairs (other than when inside the actual shower suites of course, to clean / refresh them)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I am unsure if this is additional apron staff placed on these flights (lower cost) or if the shower areas are not being used heavily (on the ULH 15-16 hr flights). I can confirm I see them seated in a passenger chair when required and the uniform is very different as already noted. I think a shorter LON-DXB flight will perhaps more consistent shower usage while I could see many unused hours on the US flights.

I think most of us agree that EK is hurting on the ULH flights when it is heavy Economy bookings and really depend on that Premium revenue. With limited success, they have tried to raise the price charged, but with EY and QR (and others in certain US markets like SV or RJ), it has not been sticking.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: Enrich
Are the apron staff also wear crew uniform underneath? because some airlines, like those in asia, some of the company requires the crew to wear apron during cleaning, just for uniform hygiene purpose.

So it might also easily confuse if they are the bath attendant for EK case, in Y zone

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.