New DUB lounge (The East Lounge)

Old Oct 28, 19, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), EK Plat, TG*G
New DUB lounge (The East Lounge)

I was pleasantly surprised to see that EK is now using a brand new lounge in DUB, located not too far from the (still open) DAA lounge in the passageway between T2 and T1. It is called the "East Lounge". Unfortunately I didn't take pictures, but here are some observations:
  • In short, this finally looks like a proper premium lounge. Food offerings are solid, decor is nice and modern, service is excellent, the only issue is that it's rather small. The previous one (especially the one at T2) is quite frankly abysmal.
  • The lounge has a small dining space, a few more tables in front of the bar, some armchairs, high stools/seats along the lounge's length. Facilities include a prayer room, decent bathrooms and showers.
  • There are both a buffet (both cold and hot items) as well as some dishes that can be ordered off the menu. There is a small kitchen that can be seen behind the bar (I could see two chefs working in there). I did not eat, but dishes coming out of the kitchen were very well presented.
  • The lounge features a manned bar. Booze selection not great, but acceptable. I wonder how the locals will feel about Guinness not being on offer (only Heineken)...
  • Very proactive staff. There were 3 attendants, one behind the bar and two roaming the lounge, asking for drinks orders and/or delivering dishes from the kitchen. Very good service.
  • Nice, modern decor with good materials. Lots of marble, brass and soft tones. Relatively pleasant view of the tarmac.
  • The only issue is that it's small. I was on the last EK flight of the day (past 10pm) and the lounge was reaching capacity with the premium pax (and I guess status holders) of a 777. Even if they report that capacity is 86, I'd guess it cannot comfortably hold/sit more than 60 people or so.
  • I believe it's exclusively for EK, EY, QR and possibly CX. No Priority Pass or similar.

All in all, a nice and much needed change.

This article has some good pictures:
https://www.moodiedavittreport.com/d...um-travellers/
Dambus and Greenkiwi like this.
Old Nov 1, 19, 7:16 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Have visited twice since the new Dublin East lounge opened.

As flying_pig mentions this is by far the best lounge in DUB. In particular there is more than enough choice (buffet and a la carte) to make a really good lunch/dinner for those looking to catch-up on sleep on board of if flying in Y.

One other observation - while the desk agents can't process mileage upgrades they do have various contact numbers for Emirates staff at the airport to check on last minute availability.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: