Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates long haul business class B777 vs A380

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates long haul business class B777 vs A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hi there

Thinking of flying Emirates for the first time in business class. I am 193cm just around 76 inches. I saw that the bed on the 777 is 72 inches pitch? Does that mean I won't be able to sleep flat or straight on the 777? It seems very inferior to a normal business class flat bed seat on other airlines!
If you search the forum, there is plenty of debate on the 777 J vs A380... some think it is great others think it is a premium economy product. Having flown etihad on a economy space ticket I am very reluctant to now pay J prices when a 777 is involved on EK. However, other will say they find it comfortable and do not notice the angled seat. In my opinion, for that to occur, there must have been a lot of booze involved!
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Whilst I despise the 777 this is not a simple a380 vs 777 as you have stated a 5/6 hour difference. In perspective, ex UK that is you pretty much in dubai in that time or in your case halfway to Dubai. Whilst the a380 is a much better product in most peoples opinions, adding 5/6 hours on to your journey makes it seem like an easy choice.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hi there

Thinking of flying Emirates for the first time in business class. I am 193cm just around 76 inches. I saw that the bed on the 777 is 72 inches pitch? Does that mean I won't be able to sleep flat or straight on the 777? It seems very inferior to a normal business class flat bed seat on other airlines!
The slight incline allows them to pitch the seats slightly shorter than the bed length. I'm exactly 72 inches and don't have a problem with the seats lengthwise at all - there's still sufficient room above my head to clasp my hands above my head to stretch, and before my feet even touch the seat in front of me. You can fold down the little "stop" on the seat to get the full length of the seat (and more, if you don't mind your feet slightly hanging off).
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:13 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Will08
If you search the forum, there is plenty of debate on the 777 J vs A380... some think it is great others think it is a premium economy product. Having flown etihad on a economy space ticket I am very reluctant to now pay J prices when a 777 is involved on EK. However, other will say they find it comfortable and do not notice the angled seat. In my opinion, for that to occur, there must have been a lot of booze involved!
Others meaning you?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:52 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Others meaning you?
No, there are "others" @:-) I absolutely will not fly EK B777 J Class as it really is like some 90's Premium Eco/Biz hybrid, IMHO. The A380 is an entirely different proposition
Will08 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
In my opinion, for that to occur, there must have been a lot of booze involved!
I thought that was compulsory whatever the plane type or cabin booked.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I have flown in both and I would go out of my way to avoid the Emirates 777 - I found the 2-3-2 layout far far inferior to the 1-2-1 on the 380

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.