Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Ek 392 Dxb-Sgn operated by 3 class

Old Sep 23, 19, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver

Does anybody know why EK392 has been operated by a 3 class 777-300er 25 days out of the last month? This flight is always only 2 class. Happened to look, when I noticed my seat selection in J had changed from row 3 to row 7 for my flight in December, and the last month has mostly been a 3 class operating it. Are they short on 2 class 777, or is it to do with low demand in Y?
Old Sep 23, 19, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Considering that the 2 class 77w these days are only EWA-EWJ (10 frames- is that right?) and EK have promised new J on certain routes: FLL, ADL (?) and others, Iím not surprised.

When the route first started it was all really old 2 class frames but itís been newer ones if at all recently.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Considering that the 2 class 77w these days are only EWA-EWJ (10 frames- is that right?) and EK have promised new J on certain routes: FLL, ADL (?) and others, Iím not surprised.
EWA-J are 777-200LRs (77L). The route is usually served by -300ERs (77W) and there's a few (not a lot) more of them.
Old Sep 24, 19, 12:33 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls View Post
Does anybody know why EK392 has been operated by a 3 class 777-300er 25 days out of the last month? This flight is always only 2 class. Happened to look, when I noticed my seat selection in J had changed from row 3 to row 7 for my flight in December, and the last month has mostly been a 3 class operating it. Are they short on 2 class 777, or is it to do with low demand in Y?
I've seen this on other 2-class routes when there's low Y demand and/or there's perhaps a need for a 2 class elsewhere (e.g. 3 class to 2 class swap).

F is almost always empty/closed with no seat assignments.
Old Sep 27, 19, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
i just thought it was strange that they had already committed a 3 class bird to my flight in December.
Old Sep 28, 19, 1:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, M&M SEN, DL Gold, QR Silver
Ha thatís weird. I fly DXB/SGN or HAN every 2 months and never head a 3-class B777. Almost exclusively old ICE inflight entertainment and a few times not even WiFi.
Old Sep 28, 19, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov View Post
Ha thatís weird. I fly DXB/SGN or HAN every 2 months and never head a 3-class B777. Almost exclusively old ICE inflight entertainment and a few times not even WiFi.
Yeah itís strange. Do you know What lounge does EK use in SGN? Iíve seen conflicting reports of various lounges that EK use in SGN. Website states Rose lounge but various other sources conflict this.
Old Sep 29, 19, 4:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls View Post
Yeah itís strange. Do you know What lounge does EK use in SGN? Iíve seen conflicting reports of various lounges that EK use in SGN. Website states Rose lounge but various other sources conflict this.
Bamboo Lounge. It is really not great.
Old Oct 8, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, M&M SEN, DL Gold, QR Silver
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Bamboo Lounge. It is really not great.
Just got back from SGN and I don't even remember how the lounge is called... They've got so many and they all suck. If I remember correctly, if you're in J, they'll give you an invitation for the BAMBOO lounge (the one level up, straight after security) if you're in Y (with Gold or Plat status), they'll give you an invite for the ROSE lounge (near gate 15 I think). PriorityPass/LoungeKey is ORCHID lounge. I usually end up there cause it's less busy.
Old Oct 8, 19, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Just got back from SGN and I don't even remember how the lounge is called... They've got so many and they all suck. If I remember correctly, if you're in J, they'll give you an invitation for the BAMBOO lounge (the one level up, straight after security) if you're in Y (with Gold or Plat status), they'll give you an invite for the ROSE lounge (near gate 15 I think). PriorityPass/LoungeKey is ORCHID lounge. I usually end up there cause it's less busy.
thanks for your reply.
Old Nov 2, 19, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Back when EK operated 3-class A330s, CMB - DXB often got these 3-class birds but if you paid for J, you were often put in F for free but with a J service.
Old Nov 2, 19, 2:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Plat even in y get the ďbetterĒ lounge.
Old Nov 2, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, EK PL
I've had it many times. the fly 3 class, but only sell 2 class. 1st stays closed. Arguably the most frustrating thing in the world is staring at an empty 1st class you could be lounging in....
Old Nov 2, 19, 5:43 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Originally Posted by AirJunkie View Post
I've had it many times. the fly 3 class, but only sell 2 class. 1st stays closed. Arguably the most frustrating thing in the world is staring at an empty 1st class you could be lounging in....

It was always the same on the RGN sector,the last 5 times were on a 3 class.The 1st suites were in darkness.
Mind you it gets even worse from next month when flydubai take over the route .
SS

Search this Thread
Search Engine: