F Awards DXB-LGW/LHR

Old Sep 4, 19, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
F Awards DXB-LGW/LHR

I know routes to London are usually popular for school, commerce, and other obvious reasons. I have heard the award availability isnít great.

Im trying to find another award F seat DXB-LON. Does LGW or LHR have an edge over the other as far as availability? Do they usually release closer to departure on this route? IĎm looking at the week of 11/6.
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:29 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Hi
You have a better chance to STN (Stansted). Good luck and safe travels
Old Sep 4, 19, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gametitans View Post
Hi
You have a better chance to STN (Stansted). Good luck and safe travels
I disagree, STN has new F. while new F routes tend to open up inventory near departure they never open up ahead of time, and there are fewer F seats
Old Sep 4, 19, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
I disagree, STN has new F. while new F routes tend to open up inventory near departure they never open up ahead of time, and there are fewer F seats
STN opens up,way in advance - even with new F
Old Sep 4, 19, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by m3red View Post

STN opens up,way in advance - even with new F
If real this is music to my ears. Does this apply to MileagePlan miles?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Sep 4, 19 at 10:05 pm
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Also is there a specific time of day when EK releases award availability?
Old Sep 5, 19, 2:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Also is there a specific time of day when EK releases award availability?
No
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

I donít see STN F award available ever. Are you sure it applies to MileagePlan redemptions?
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:40 pm
Suspended

I donít see STN F award available ever. Are you sure it applies to MileagePlan redemptions?
No, that wasn't specified in your question
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:47 am

Programs: SA KL BA EK
From observation, there are often one or two seats unoccupied in F on the LGW route. These would be available for on board 'space available' (or maybe even 'at check in') upgrades. But as your question is about award seats and not upgrades my observation is probably not all that helpful. And for on board upgrades you need to be Skywards Silver or above (and obviously have the Skywards miles to pay for the upgrade).
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
From observation, there are often one or two seats unoccupied in F on the LGW route. These would be available for on board 'space available' (or maybe even 'at check in') upgrades. But as your question is about award seats and not upgrades my observation is probably not all that helpful. And for on board upgrades you need to be Skywards Silver or above (and obviously have the Skywards miles to pay for the upgrade).
I just need people that fly this route. I have no experience flying between Dubai and London on EK. Iíve always flown BA.

I was going to use MileagePlan miles but if theyíre not available I wonít hold out. So people whoíve monitored or who have experience watching this route in F availability please let me know.
Old Sep 7, 19, 6:58 am
Suspended

I just need people that fly this route. I have no experience flying between Dubai and London on EK. Iíve always flown BA.

I was going to use MileagePlan miles but if theyíre not available I wonít hold out. So people whoíve monitored or who have experience watching this route in F availability please let me know.
You're probably better of asking on the AS forum. People here have experience with EK miles
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Booked F IAD-DXB-LGW. AS actually seems to have the same access that skywards members have. The week of November 6th I donít see any openings to London aside from
the one I grabbed (gone) and the morning flight on the 5th to Gatwick.

For those who are familiar with this time of the year and route, do they tend to open more F closer to departure date? Or is it pretty tight?
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:39 am
Original Poster

BUMP to my last post

Search this Thread