FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   F Awards DXB-LGW/LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1985877-f-awards-dxb-lgw-lhr.html)

NWplatinum Sep 4, 2019 7:36 am

F Awards DXB-LGW/LHR

I know routes to London are usually popular for school, commerce, and other obvious reasons. I have heard the award availability isn’t great.

Im trying to find another award F seat DXB-LON. Does LGW or LHR have an edge over the other as far as availability? Do they usually release closer to departure on this route? I‘m looking at the week of 11/6.

gametitans Sep 4, 2019 8:29 am

Hi
You have a better chance to STN (Stansted). Good luck and safe travels

skywardhunter Sep 4, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by gametitans (Post 31489388)
Hi
You have a better chance to STN (Stansted). Good luck and safe travels

I disagree, STN has new F. while new F routes tend to open up inventory near departure they never open up ahead of time, and there are fewer F seats

m3red Sep 4, 2019 11:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 31489535)
I disagree, STN has new F. while new F routes tend to open up inventory near departure they never open up ahead of time, and there are fewer F seats

STN opens up,way in advance - even with new F

NWplatinum Sep 4, 2019 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 31490137)

STN opens up,way in advance - even with new F

If real this is music to my ears. Does this apply to MileagePlan miles?

NWplatinum Sep 5, 2019 1:40 am

Also is there a specific time of day when EK releases award availability?

skywardhunter Sep 5, 2019 2:38 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 31492324)
Also is there a specific time of day when EK releases award availability?

No

NWplatinum Sep 5, 2019 10:30 pm

I don’t see STN F award available ever. Are you sure it applies to MileagePlan redemptions?

skywardhunter Sep 5, 2019 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 31495746)
I don’t see STN F award available ever. Are you sure it applies to MileagePlan redemptions?

No, that wasn't specified in your question

thijsseh Sep 6, 2019 2:47 am

From observation, there are often one or two seats unoccupied in F on the LGW route. These would be available for on board 'space available' (or maybe even 'at check in') upgrades. But as your question is about award seats and not upgrades my observation is probably not all that helpful. And for on board upgrades you need to be Skywards Silver or above (and obviously have the Skywards miles to pay for the upgrade).

NWplatinum Sep 7, 2019 1:07 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 31496197)
From observation, there are often one or two seats unoccupied in F on the LGW route. These would be available for on board 'space available' (or maybe even 'at check in') upgrades. But as your question is about award seats and not upgrades my observation is probably not all that helpful. And for on board upgrades you need to be Skywards Silver or above (and obviously have the Skywards miles to pay for the upgrade).

I just need people that fly this route. I have no experience flying between Dubai and London on EK. I’ve always flown BA.

I was going to use MileagePlan miles but if they’re not available I won’t hold out. So people who’ve monitored or who have experience watching this route in F availability please let me know.

skywardhunter Sep 7, 2019 6:58 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 31499831)

I just need people that fly this route. I have no experience flying between Dubai and London on EK. I’ve always flown BA.

I was going to use MileagePlan miles but if they’re not available I won’t hold out. So people who’ve monitored or who have experience watching this route in F availability please let me know.

You're probably better of asking on the AS forum. People here have experience with EK miles

NWplatinum Sep 7, 2019 7:44 am

Booked F IAD-DXB-LGW. AS actually seems to have the same access that skywards members have. The week of November 6th I don’t see any openings to London aside from
the one I grabbed (gone) and the morning flight on the 5th to Gatwick.

For those who are familiar with this time of the year and route, do they tend to open more F closer to departure date? Or is it pretty tight?

NWplatinum Sep 10, 2019 12:39 am

BUMP to my last post